Chapter Thirty One: You said you'd cried a thousand times.

Eli :.:

Eli stepped out into the snow that began to fall softly, It was the first day of December, it also meant that the fight between him and Tyler was in two nights. After ignoring her phone calls and text messages, Eli felt really bad and decided to visit Terra.

"Please don't be mad" Eli whispered to no one in particular, as he reached Terra's steps he took a deep breath in. Awaiting her arrival after ringing the bell, Eli stood confidently, trying to make sure she noticed him. "Hi" A soft voice whispered, Eli looked up to meet his eyes with some big blue orbs. 

"Princess, I'm sorry" Eli opened the door and let himself in, Grasping Terra into his arms he hugged her to him. "I'm so sorry, I miss you" Terra nestled into his chest forgiving him immediately. Eli smiled to himself, happy that things were fixed finally.

"We need to talk, come on in my room" Terra smiled and Eli followed her up to her room, once inside he took a seat on the bed, she took one beside him. Eli felt nervous as the seriousness of Terra's conversation began to settle in. "What's up?" He asked puzzled.

"Well I told my mom about everything, please le me finish before you get mad and storm out again" Eli flinched at Terra's words, guilt settling in once again. He never should have left on the terms that he did, it wasn't right. He was being like Tyler, and that was a big bad mistake on his part.

"Go ahead, I won't interrupt" Eli assured her, as he slipped his hand in hers, then interlaced their fingers together. "Well I told my mom everything, I mean everything, Tyler, the fight everything" Eli stiffened slightly, not quite sure how to react.

Truth is he wasn't entirely happy about what she was telling him. This was his fight, he wanted it. Fighting was his best sport, he enjoyed it more than anything. Beating Tyler senseless would mean protecting the girl who held his heart, he wanted to do this.

"She told me we can do things the right way, Go to the cops and stuff, report him.. so I did" The last three words that Terra spoke made Eli stand up and stare at her with horror stricken eyes. Eli tried to calm himself as best he could not entirely sure on how to handle what Terra had just told him.

"Terra, why didn't you talk to me first?" Eli asked staring her down. After he watched her figget with her hands, Terra began to speak. "I tried, you ignored all my messages, and voice mails. I got a restraining order put on him, he can't come near me. And I will have to testify.. in front of a judge. I mean it's not going to be easy but I feel in my heart it's the right thing to do"

After her explantion Eli realized that maybe Terra was right after all, perhaps he could see things from her point of view. "I will have to respect your decision, since this was your problem before it was mine. I'm sorry for the way I acted Princess" Eli kissed the top of her head softly. 

"I forgive you, I understood your reasoning, I'm just glad you can respect my decision. I mean when it comes down to it, you can do what you want. But I would rather you stand beside me, not against me. I will need you, Your strength to help me get through this" Terra finished her words by kissing Eli's lips.

His stomach filled with butterflies and he kissed her back just as easily. "Spend the night?" Eli dind't have to think twice before he answered yes.

:.:

The next morning Eli and Terra got ready for school, it was now a night before the fight and Eli felt nervous. "How can you both be at school together with the restraining order?" He asked Terra honestly curious about how it worked.

"Well we don't have classes together now, and because of that we can both stay in school, but the no contact order till stands, he can't approach me or communicate with me in any way" Eli nodded at Terra's explanation. "I see"

There wasn't much to the school day, Eli went to all of his classes, the day seemed to fly by and Eli wondered if it was because of the fight tomorrow night. Well the fight was no longer supposed to happen, But Eli couldn't help but wonder how Tyler would react.

Just like magic, Eli's thoughts came into play as Tyler approached him in the courtyard, the same he and Terra held their first conversation about him, What a coincidence.

"What do you want?" Eli barked, glaring hard at Tyler who just smirked.

"I want to let you know that there is no restraining order on between us, so as far as I stand. The fight is still on" Eli shook his head at Tyler.

"You're wrong, it's off. I will not fight you. She doesn't want it" Eli clenched his fists tightly watching as two of Tyler's friends met up with the, Eli was now surrounded and he didn't like the feel of tension.

"You remember our deal? It seems my little Terr-Bear really wants to get hurt.. she must miss me" Tyler smirked at Eli again.

"She's not your Terr-Bear" and as soon as the words left Eli's mouth he regretted them, as he watched Tyler nod towards his buddies, they all grabbed a hold of Eli holding him still. 

Tyler stood before Eli and punched him in the stomach, as he let out a groan of pain Tyler laughed.

"Listen Tyler, You can't go near her, Don't you get it?" Eli tried moving roughly, trying to get out of the death grip Tyler's buddies had on him.

"No, Eli! You're the one that doesn't get it. I don't break deals once the are made, and Terra won't be alive long enough to make it to the trial, I will make it look like an accident, or better yet, a Romeo and Juliet romance with a twist, she kills herself after I kill you..." The dark way Tyler's voice turned in the end of his rant made Eli's blood run cold.

"Fight, or die" Tyler spoke before walking off. Eli got punched in the rib cage once again before they left as well.

"Shit" Was all Eli could muster, as he held his side.