Twenty Three: Sometimes it lasts in love, But sometimes it hurts instead.

Chapter Twenty Three: Sometimes it lasts in love, But sometimes it hurts instead.

Eli :.:

Eli walked away from the threshhold that held Terra's front door. Walking alone down her dark street he reached the intersection that led him to the center of town, towards school, or just walking home. As Eli trekked on home he could hold back his smile that fluttered onto his face, Terra had left him feeling like he was walking on air.

Upon reaching his street Eli was shoved roughly to the ground beginning to stand up he glared at the cause. I familiar face looked back at Eli just as menacingly. "Eli, right?" Tyler's rough voice smirked tauntingly at Eli. "What's it to you?!" Eli snapped, clenching his fists tightly. There was something wrong about this atomosphere and Eli didn't feel comfortable.

Two more faces emreged from behind a nearby tree. Tyler nodded at them and Eli took note of the way the surrounded him. "Well, I think it's only right to formally introduce yourself; afterall you did steal my girlfriend" Tyler snapped and took a step towards Eli. Eli squared off his shoulders to Tyler, bulking up and getting ready for a fight.

"She deserves better, and I'm better" Eli replied clamly, not allowing Tyler to know how he was getting to him. "Oh, is that right?" Tyler smirked now only inches from Eli. Stepping an inch taller and glaring into Tyler's eyes Eli sneered. "Stay away from her" Eli threatened Tyler in a firm tone. The two guys who stood surrounding Eli snickered at his comment towards Tyler.

"You have no idead what you're getting yourself into, I suggest you back down and let me take back what's rightfully mine" Tyler seethed bumping heads with Eli. Raising his voice, trying to keep control Eli glared back up at Tyler threatingly, and tauntingly. "I won't. You don't own her, She's not an item. She's a human who doesn't deserve to be beat everytime you want to use her as a punching bag, You fucking lame excuse for a man" Eli snapped harshly.

Without another moment Tyler threw the first punch, Eli dodged it and landed one in Tyler's jaw. Grabbing Eli and pinning him to the ground, Tyler's friends laughed as they took turns holding and punching. If eli hadn't been ambushed he could take them, he had fought so many different people before this made no sense.

Tyler laughed and spit on Eli's figure. Tyler's friends slammed Eli on the ground once more, kicking him in the stomach. Three against one. It was unjustified and unfair and Eli wanted nothing more than to pummel all three of them to the ground. "Take this as your first warning, Terra is mine. Was and always will be" Tyler snapped before giving Eli a kick in the mouth.

After walking away Eli groaned his stomach and rib cage burned like wild fire. Eli spit a mouthful of blood on the cement before gently holding himself up, upon pulling himself to a standing, Eli clench his fists in pain. Atleast it wasn't Terra, Was all Eli could think of. If he got beat then Terra didn't it was better that way. Eli limped down the rest of his street, once he reached his house all the lights were off.

Letting himself in, Eli locked the door behind himself and observed the quietness of his home. His parent's were out again, not fighting at home tonight was a good thing for Eli; he couldn't handle listening to that at his fragile stage. Walking into his bathroom Eli observed the damage. A few bruises that hurt worse than they looked. Eli was stunned at the sight of his lip, a large gash held in the corner of his lips; Thanks to Tyler's shoe.

Eli walked into his room, dropping down on his bed he could barely move. Sitting up slightly Eli grabbed his laptop sliding it into his lap, he preceeded to look at his instant messenger. A notice signalizing Terra was online lit up his screen. Clicking on her screen name Eli decided to talk to her, he would wait until tomorrow to tell her what had happened. He didn't wasnt to scare her.

"Hello" Eli had typed in before hitting enter. A small keyboard icon signaled that Terra was typing a response, Eli waited patiently. "I was hoping you were on, I want to say goodnight. :)" Eli smiled to himself. Terra was truly amazing, so sweet and innocent, Eli already adored her. "Well goodnight my princess, sweet dreams<3" A princess worked perfectly for Eli, he would treat her like one. She deserved it. "Goodnight. <3" Terra had signed off abruptly after her message.

Shrugging it off Eli signed off as well, sliding his laptop to the opposite side of his bed Eli once again laid down but this time sleep enveloped him and he slept soundly.

A strange ringing sound woke Eli from his slumber, sitting up suddenly Eli had a head rush and had to close his eyes for a moment. Eli's cell phone buzzed in his pocket and he finally reached in grabbing it and pressing it to his ear. "Hello"

"Eli!!! Get Here!!! Now!!! Ahhhhh!" Terra's scream was the last thing Eli heard before the phone was cut.

Shit.