Chapter 4

• Dedicated to Amanda-RIP-9/22/13

       Chapter 4-Oct 8, 2013 Tuesday Evening

       I was headed to the Karate Dojo in my little silver car. I halted at the red light, along with a couple other cars for about a minute; then the light turned green and I started forward, hearing sirens in the distance. Not for me, but as the car rushed pass their red light and slammed into my door, I knew they were for it. I tried to push my door open as blood gushed from a gash in my forehead, but the door was stick tight by the other car wedge against it. I screamed as pain shot up my right leg; then I noticed that I couldn’t feel my left leg at all.

       I about fainted from the blood loss and pain a couple times before people finally moved the other car away, making light spill in the broken window. I noticed a police officer stand there as he was asking, “What hurts?”

       “My leg…” I cried as I let out a small groan.

       “Alright…We’re gonna cut you out…it will be very loud…” the police officer warned as he covered me with a sheet to keep falling pieces off me.

       A firefighter began to cut my car up and soon had the door off. He carefully removed the sheet before letting emergency service people lift me out and strap me to a stretcher; then I finally fell unconscious.