Chapter 1

Chapter 1-Oct 7, 2013 Monday Night

       “Ten more push-ups!” I yelled as I stood before a class with only five minutes left to it. I wore my instructor uniform and my blackbelt as I passed by a yellow belt, trying his best. Three minutes left and I noticed my instructor signaling to finish up. “Line up!” I ordered as I hurried to the front of the room.

       The students ran to the back of the classroom and I quickly bowed them out. I shook everyone’s hands before sending them off to get changed.

       My instructor nodded toward the office before slipping inside. I rushed after him and he closed the door behind me. “Instructor Wang,” I greeted with a slight bow.

       “Assistant Instructor Johnson that was a great class. I can’t wait till you are finally twenty-one. You will be one of the greatest instructors around here,” he told as he held his hand out toward the chairs.

       I sat down, placing my hands on my knees. “Thank you sir. There is only three more years,” I mentioned with a smile.

       He looked into my blue eyes and laughed, “O yes… that is why I want you to teach class tomorrow night, all by yourself.”

       “Really?” I asked as I jumped to my feet.

       “Yes,” he chuckled as he moved my blond hair from in front of my eyes. “I’m very proud of you, Sami.”

       “Thank you sir,” I cheered as I threw my arms around him. “See you tomorrow.”

       “Goodnight,” he replied, holding the door open.

       “Night,” I called as I rushed out the door, eager to tell my ma.