thirteen

Kelly's POV

After my kidnapping, I relocated to a small town out in California. I have a job at a local music store, I changed my entire life story and I'm seeing this guy. We are not official or anything, but for the past three weeks we have really been enjoying each other's company - if you get what I'm saying.

I'm on my way to see him right now. He lives ten minutes away and all I have to do is hop on the bus. No long ride or walk, just the bus - it's nice. I've really started to like it out here. Sure, in the beginning it was hard trying to adapt, but then I realized that this is a new life. I can start over and make something of myself.

Obviously I miss all my friends back in Chitown, but they're better off without me anyways. I would love to call up Camila and tell her about my new found life. I wonder if her and that Laurie... Lucy? Was it Lauren? Oh yeah, it was Lauren! I wonder if they're dating yet. She deserves someone who will treat her right and I just had a good feeling about that Lauren girl.

Anyways, the music shop I work for specifically sells old CD's. They sell new ones too, but you cannot go to Wal-Mart and find the old gems we have. They're like rare, but at the same time they're not. This job is how I met the guy I've been seeing.

*Flashback*

It's about one-thirty in the afternoon on a Monday, the store is dead. Only two people have come in and purchased a minuscule order that averaged about twenty dollars.

Unfortunately, nobody else is on shift with me. Monday's are usually our dead days - so we all rotate to work the entire day by ourselves. I'm playing some card game on my phone to pass time. I'm sat on this old wooden stool that can barely stand up on its own. This shop is run down.

I had spoken with Tom, the owner, a few times and offered to help pay for a renovation. It's not my say and it's crossing lines, but I believe a new look for the shop will increase our rate in business. Tom said I can repaint this place over the summer - he hasn't decided on a color yet.

The door chime goes off and I look up to find this young man walking in. He's got hazel eyes, dark black hair - a fresh shave too, I see. He's much taller than me, he's got to be at least six feet. He's thin, but muscular. Oh, and he has a beautiful tan.

"Ahem?" Yikes! How long was I staring? Way to go, Kelly! Now you've ruined any chance you'd have.

"Hi, I'm sorry. Welcome to The Musical Emporium, how can I help you?"

"Yes," he looks at my tag, "Kelly, I'm trying to find a cd from the eighties."

"Okay..." I leave it hanging for him to introduce himself.

"Zayn." What a beautiful name for a such a beautiful human being I think while he extends his hand out to me.

Returning the hand shake, "Okay, Zayn, could you be more specific?" I drop his hand, picking up a pen and the notepad under the counter, "do you have a chosen artist or group? We have tons of eighties cd's, but I can't narrow the search down when you give me such a broad answer."

He scratches at the scruff on his chin before answering, "well, how about you help me find something. Who knows, maybe your choice will be better than what mine would've been."

"Oh." I blush - that's not even a compliment! I mean, it is, but it's not that big of a deal. Shut up, shut up, shut up. "Sure, right this way."

***

"Oh my gosh, I love Bryan Adams - he's had so many hits." I take out a few of his late cd's, handing them to Zayn.