seven - (part two)

A/N: it is important that you read my author's note at the end of this chapter, thank you.

***

Camila's POV

Thankfully Lauren set an alarm last night. It was almost six thirty in the morning. Just a sliver of light was peaking through the blinds. I don't know when Lauren woke up, but she was all dressed and ready to go. "How long have you been awake?" Not expecting me to talk so soon after waking up, I startled her.

"I've been up since four - too much on my mind. Figured I'd take a shower, have a smoke to clear my head and now I'm just relaxing. I needed this more than I thought."

I watch as she runs her hands through her hair. She's so mesmerizing, does she even know how beautiful she is? Shaking my head, I pull the covers off myself and find something to wear for today's activities.

It's quarter to eight and we are driving down the highway. It's pretty empty considering how early it is - a few cars here and there, but no traffic. Turning on the radio, I sit back and close my eyes. Enjoying the soft melody coming from the speakers and the sound of Lauren humming along - I was at peace. Did she take a xan or something? She's incredibly calm compared to her panic attack on the plane. Internally I'm debating whether or not to address her dramatic change in demeanor. If she's calm, that's great. I shouldn't question it, I could ruin her mellowness.

The job site isn't too far from where we are staying, but it's too early to go there. So Lauren and I decided on finding somewhere to eat for breakfast. First off, Michigan is a boring ass state with nothing to do and nowhere to go - trying to find a place to eat is a harder task than we both expected.

Spotting an ihop, Lauren pulls into the parking lot and parks the car. I'm just about to get out when I feel her tug on my arm. Taking my hand off the handle, I turn to her and sit back in my seat.

"You look really pretty today." Did she really just say that? I'm looking down at my outfit, it's casual as hell and I'm not even wearing any makeup. I'm so lost, but I'm sure the warmth on my cheeks is evident that I am blushing.

"I... Uh... Thank you, Lauren. You look really pretty today too." Wow Camila way to stutter.

Lauren lets out a light chuckle and with that she heads out of the car.

We're about halfway finished with our meals. Lauren ordered a tower of pancakes and I settled for some eggs and bacon. Conversation was minimum, but the stares weren't. Every once in a while, I would look up and Lauren was staring at me. Stare after stare, it became a war for who can stare the longest without getting caught. Is this Lauren opening up?

---

On the drive back from ihop, Lauren and I discussed our game plan. For the past forty-five minutes, we have been rehearsing a skit in order to pursue these guys that we're legit.

Rounding the corner of our location, we get stopped at a red light. Lauren turns to me, staring - not saying anything. We're just looking at each other, internally communicating - it's like we get one another. I watch as Lauren moves her hand closer to my right hand that's resting on my knee. Just as she's about to what I assume was hold my hand, the car behind us honks their horn - breaking whatever moment Lauren and I were sharing.

We pull up to the job site, the house is hidden within the woods. As we drive down the mile long driveway, that's when we spot all the "hidden" bodyguards. There are a total of six bodyguards in the woods, which means there should be exactly fourteen bodyguards left. Vinny didn't tell us the location of each bodyguard - just that there were twenty and all of them needed to be killed one way or another.