six - (part one)

Camila's POV

When I woke up that morning with Lauren holding me, I was in shock, and I knew in that moment I didn't want to be anywhere else than in her arms. I felt as if I was at home - at peace. I mean, I was at home, but I felt as if I was on a vacation - never in my life have I been so relaxed.

Just when I was starting to get comfortable, Lauren jolts up - pushing me off of her in a haste. I move to the end of the couch, watching her every move. I watch as she grabs her keys, purse, and stands up to retrieve her coat.

"Is everything okay?" I questioned - this is so abrupt. Lauren doesn't say anything, she just nods her head yes - turning around bolting for the front door. Hearing the locks be undone, the creak of the door opening and the sound of it being shut, I fall back on the couch. Did I do something wrong?

Stressed and annoyed, I went to my room, grabbing a rello and I roll a blunt. Sparking it up, I take a big hit. I gotta clear my mind from whatever just transpired.

Thankfully I had nothing to do today. Maybe I'll just spend the rest of my night curled up underneath my blanket, and binge watch Jane The Virgin. I just started this show last week, and I cannot stop watching it. It is one of the funniest shows I've ever seen.

Jane is accidentally artificially inseminated. Michael, her longtime boyfriend proposes to her. Jane then tells Michael, that she is pregnant with the baby of her ex crush, Rafael, who she once kissed. Now Jane is stuck in a love triangle. There's also this narrator who makes the show twenty times better.

I'm about ten minutes into JTV, when I hear a knock on my door. Could it be Lauren? There is no way. Slowly getting up, I make my way to the door - quickly looking through the peep hole. I once watched this horror movie where the lady checked the peep hole, and her eye got stabbed with a knife. So yeah, as quickly as I can, I took a peep. It's.... Kelly?

Opening the door, I watch as Kelly makes a beeline for my living room. Closing the door, I follow behind her. "Hey, what brings you to this side of town?" I joke, but with a worried voice. I sit down beside her on the couch, and turn my body facing her - waiting for her response.

She then turns to me, and takes a deep breath. Okay, now I'm worried. I've never seen her this uneasy. Placing my hand on her shoulder, I can feel how tense she is. Softly rubbing her arm, I speak up, "what's wrong? Did something happen?" As soon as I questioned this, I saw tears fall from her face.

I pulled her in for a hug, rubbing her back up and down. Whispering to her that whatever happened, everything will be okay. It's not until about twenty minutes later, when her tears stop falling and her breathing has calmed. I feel her pull away from me, getting up from the couch, and heading to my bathroom.

I don't follow, I can tell whatever is wrong is serious and she's in need of some space. I'll let her open up to me when she's ready. Five minutes have passed, and I hear my bathroom door being open. She retreats back to the couch, but instead of sitting next to me like before, she's on the far end.

"I fucked up really, really, really bad, Camila." Kelly's not even looking at me, her focus is solely on the carpet beneath her feet.

"Why? What did you do?" I'm nervous, part of me wants to know, but another part of me doesn't.

"Remember that guy who wouldn't stop hitting on me at that bar we went to last year?"

"Yeah, Adam was his name, right?" Kelly nods, "he was a real creep. Why?"

"I shot him last night." The tension in the room instantly became thick. I felt as if I had to gasp for air, breathing was becoming a function I had to think about. Taking a breath, I try to compose all my thoughts.