five

Lauren's POV

I had to get out of Camila's apartment as fast as I could. If I stayed there any longer, she would start to ask questions and things would become awkward. I didn't intend on cuddling her after she fell asleep; it just kind of happened. One minute I'm putting on a new movie and, just as it begins, Camila is fast asleep next to me. I ended up watching her and not the movie. Then before I know it, I'm crashed out on her couch. I planned on leaving in the middle of the night but clearly my body wanted to rest right then and there.

Camila seemed chill enough though, I doubt she would mind me spending the night. But cuddling with someone is way too affectionate and I don't do affection. It's not really my forte, like, at all. I've never been an affectionate person, I don't believe in love or people who have hearts big enough to care. I have learned to keep to myself and treat people with respect, nothing more, nothing less.

Waking up with Camila wrapped in my arms scared me, not because we are strangers, but because there was this warmth that was growing inside of me. It felt strange, but it felt so good. Why did it feel so good? Maybe I'm getting sick, and my body was just cold until it collided with hers. Whatever the feeling was, I could not bare one more second with it, which is why I left. After I was gone, Camila called my phone several times - voicemail after voicemail. Why does she care so much? It's not like I bailed on a friend; we barely know each other.

I ran to my apartment as fast as I could in order to clear my mind. I completely forgot I even drove, my mind was just that hazy. Fuck, now I have no choice but to pick up my car later, maybe later tonight when she's sleeping and there's absolutely no chance of her seeing me. Yeah, that's perfect. I don't need my car, I'll be fine.

As I was running I realized how far away Camila really lives from my house. Shit. It's freezing. I didn't even grab my jacket when I ran out, I'm actually such an idiot.

Once I make it to my house, I run in, strip off my clothing and submerge myself in the heated water of my hot tub. The hot water is amazing against my skin, calming my nerves, relieving my stress, and relaxing my muscles. I lean my head back and drift off to sleep.

I'm woken up by a loud bang on my bathroom door. Wait... My bathroom door?

"I don't know who you are, but take whatever you want and get the fuck out of my house. I'm in no mood to talk to the cops, so just fuck off and I won't call them." I yelled at the intruder, hoping they would take my offering and scram. But no, there's another knock, this time softer, followed by a voice.

"Lauren it's me, Mike." Rolling my eyes, I step out of the tub and put on my robe. I head towards the door and open it to see him holding my cell phone, car keys, and coat.

"Oh." Was all I could say. I am mortified, Camila must've called Mike and told him about what happened. She really needs to let me live, this whole motherly caring act has got to stop.

"Yeah. Come on, put some clothes on, Vin wants to see you." Michael said and then headed towards my room, placing all my belongings on my bed. I ignore his obvious questioning stare and make a move for my closet. Pulling out my favorite black bomber jacket, my Metallica t-shirt, a pair of high waisted black jeans, and my favorite black combat boots, I head back into the bathroom to get dressed.

When I'm all changed and ready to go, I find Michael sitting on a bar stool next to the island in my kitchen. He looks up from his phone, getting up and following me to the front door. The walk is relatively quiet; nothing to be said. That's one characteristic I've always enjoyed about Mike, he knows when and when not to talk.

Once we get in the house, Mike tells me he has things to get done and promptly leaves me on my own. I sit outside Vinny's office, waiting for him to call me in. I cannot get the way I left Camila this morning out of my mind. I feel terrible knowing how much I overreacted. I could only imagine what's racing through her mind.