ten

Lauren's POV

Day 3

There's lots of screaming, everyone's rushing around, I could see the sweat dripping from their foreheads, and in the background there is a loud beeping noise, but I can't seem to place its source.

"She's flat-lining! We need to resuscitate her!" I hear the young nurse yell to Louis, Camila's doctor. I watched as Doctor Tomlinson shocks Camila's chest. Nothing. Another try. Nothing. I sat there on the couch completely frozen.

"What does the EKG read now?"

"45 over 100"

"One more time!"

"Stay with us, Camila, come on!"

"Her heart is dropping. 40 over 100 right now, doc."

I watch as they press on her chest - they're trying to increase her heart rate, but it's not working.

"25 over 100! She's 25 over 100. Hurry people!"

My feet are moving me towards her bed, mentally I am not there, but physically I am. I'm being pushed and shoved, a few nurses are yelling things at me, but I'm not listening nor am I moving. I feel a hand on my shoulder, but I don't budge. Then I feel myself getting pulled away.

I don't know who has pulled me away, I'm too focused on Camila. Her heart rate is dropping faster than it was a minute ago. There's a stinging sensation on my face. That woke me up. Touching my cheek I realized that Niall slapped me.

"What was that for?"

"Lauren, we need you to leave the room. Please go wait out in the lobby." I feel Niall start to push on my back towards the door.

Instantly, I resist. I'm punching him in the chest, kicking at his legs, and trying to push my way past him. He's taking each hit, not even attempting to fight back. I'm carried away by security. They pulled me off of Niall and sat me on the chair outside of Camila's room.

I'm speechless. I have nothing to say. I cannot believe I have just been kicked out of her room. There's a guard blocking her door and another one standing right next to me.

I turn to the guard blocking the door, "listen, if you do not let me in that room, so help me God, I will kill you and I'll make it so ugly your family won't even be able to distinguish you."

The guard who was standing next to me, backs up a bit and whispers something to the guard I had just threatened. They're nodding their heads while looking at me. Good, looks like I am getting my way. Just as I was about to make my way to Camila's room, I hear someone call my name.

"Lauren Jauregui?"

Turning around to find the source of the voice, I see an officer with two other men behind him. I'm sure the gulp I just swallowed was two thousand percent visible.

"Yes, may I help you, officer?"

"If you could please come down to the station, we have some questions we would like to ask you regarding Miss. Cabello."

"Questions? Why? There's nothing I have to say and we dismissed reporting her incident."

"It's not about the incident, it's about something else."

"Well, what is this 'something else'? I am not answering any questions till I have my attorney present."

"We can appoint you an attorney, ma'am."