twelve

Lauren's POV

Last night was amazing. The memories were the first thing to hit me from the moment I woke up. I remember the dinner we shared and the movie we watched. How it felt like I've been doing this for years with her. It's all so crazy.

When I woke up, Camila was still wrapped underneath my arm. Her head was on my lap and my arm was resting over her waist. I watched the rise and fall of her chest, I take notice of how her hair is splayed out all over my thighs and how it's covering her face. Her long beautiful legs are curled up and one of her hands is hanging over the couch. When asked about a beautiful sight, most people would answer with a sunset, or a sunrise... This right here, this is beautiful. This is pure. This is a moment I want to live in as much as I can.

Lifting up my hand that's rested on top of her stomach, I peer at the watch on my wrist - 6:45 am. There's a lot that I need to get done today. Shooting Vinny a quick text, I slowly lift myself out from Camila's confines and head into my bathroom. After I get out of the shower, I make my way to my room and change into something comfortable. I decided on wearing a simple grey and maroon hoodie, blue jeans, paired with my grey vans. Not in the mood to fix my hair, I lightly tussle with it before I give myself one more glance in the mirror.

When I reenter my living room, Camila is still fast asleep. Not wanting to wake her up, I write her a note - placing it underneath the remote on the coffee table. Brushing her hair out of her eyes, I leave a kiss on her temple and tuck her into the blanket she's wrapped in. Giving her one last glance, I turn the lock on the front door and quietly exit my apartment.

Usually I walk to Vinny's, but because of everything I need to get done today, it makes more sense to drive. It hasn't even been five minutes and I'm pulling up his driveway. Bidding hello to the watch guard, I park my car and head into the building.

Immediately I am greeted by Vin, "Lauren! So nice to see you this bright and early in the morning. Come with me to my office. I have a lot of business to get done today, so I would like to wrap this up as quickly as possible."

We are about 15 minutes into the debrief, it would be nice to have Camila here, but she needs all the rest she can get before we are up and on our feet again.

I watch as Vinny gets up from behind his desk, strolling over to his closet - pulling out a big grey suitcase. Wheeling it over to me, he lays it flat down and unzips it. I spot three briefcases, some toiletries so the TSA aren't too suspicious, and wigs?

"Are those wigs....?"

"Yeah, sorry I figured just in case."

"Well, hopefully we won't have to put them to use." I snort.

"Hopefully not, they're ugly. Anyway, inside each case contains various information on Nathaniel and his whereabouts. I trust that you will present all this info to Camila?" He zips up the bag, and takes a seat back on his deck.

I watch as he pulls a medium sized box from under his desk. Lifting the lid, he pulls out a thin card and starts making lines, "you wanna hit?"

"Uh, nah, not today." Shrugging at me, he snorts up the white powder.

A few minutes go by and he's taken at least five lines. Cleaning off his nose, he puts everything back where he retrieved it. Wiping his hands on his jeans, Vinny gets up and heads to the door, "any questions?" He asked with one hand on the door. Jeeze, he really wasn't kidding about being busy, but this is rude. Whatever.

"Nope, and if I do, I'll just call you or something."

"Alright, cool. I will send Michael out to pick you both up in the morning at six - so pack all your shit tonight, and be ready to go. You cannot be late. All good?"