four

The slam of a door woke Camila up from her terrible sleep on the living room couch. Groaning, while attempting to get up, she placed her hand on her neck in between her shoulders. She hissed at how tense her muscles were - all the pain relievers in the world could not fix this fast enough.

If the pain in her neck wasn't so intense, she'd be occupying herself with gallons of water; gotta love cotton mouth. Camila checked her phone to see what time it was - 10:42 am. Thank God she had nothing important to do today, her bed will shortly become her best friend.

Putting her phone down, she walks over to her kitchen, pouring the largest glass of water ever. Gulping it down within seconds, her mouth slowly started to lose the dryness it held. "Fuck, I really need to drink something after smoking. I literally do this every time." Camila thought to herself.

After finishing her drink, she heads into the bathroom to take a shower. The thought of warm water hitting her skin and relaxing her muscles has her all giddy. Putting her hand under the stream to make sure it's hot enough, she steps in.

Thirty minutes later she walks out with a content smile. Wrapping a towel around her body, she grabs her brush and moves into her room. Already declaring that today would be her lazy day, she pulls out her favorite pair of sweats and a loose fitted t-shirt. She makes her way over to her chase lounge, and sits down to put socks on.

Memories from last night start to hit her at this point. First she remembers going into Jason's room and asking him if he wanted to smoke, then she remembers giggling with him on the couch while watching Adventure Time, and that's when it hits her - Lauren.

Running into the living room, she grabs her phone, immediately opening up her inbox. No new messages, no missed calls, no voicemails. Damn, she didn't see this coming. With a huff, she tosses her phone on the couch, watching it ricochet between one end and the other. She silently prays it will stop bouncing, hoping it won't hit the floor again. She really doesn't have the money to replace another phone.

Jason pays well, but there haven't been many missions offered to her lately. She'd thought about asking Jason if something was up but, out of fear he would yell at her again, she decided against it. Don't get her wrong, Jason treats her ridiculously well, but sometimes he can be such an ass. His mood swings are tiring; she doesn't know how much longer she can stay with him, but he's the reason she even has shelter. Biting the bullet can be so hard.

The brown eyed girl remembers it all too well. Jason came off so sweet when she first met him, but the more she got to know him, the more she realized how insane he could really get. What started out as a crush, ended just as fast. Camila personally believes Jason is bi-polar, there's no other explanation for his anger.

One month ago

"Camila!" Jason yelled from his room. Camila was laying on the couch reading a book titled The Crucible. She was so intrigued by how different times were back in the 50's. The amount of misogyny was outrageous. Women could barely breathe without getting some form of hate. Remembering that her boss literally just screamed her name at the top of his lungs, Camila closes her book, and hesitantly gets up.

"CAMILA!" At this, Camila is running to Jason's room. When she gets there, Jason is sitting on his computer scrolling through emails. The only audible noise was the clicking of his mouse. "Yeah, I'm here, what's up?" The brown haired girl asked quietly.

"I can't find this email! Were you using my computer again?" Jason accusingly questions, turning around and staring daggers at her. Camila shudders, "no - no, I mean, I went on to check my own emails, but I didn't go through yours I swear." The girl admitted with a wavering voice.