Chapter sixteen

I woke up, still on Zach's lap, with a pounding headache. I moaned and grabbed my head. He laughed and said,

"You have a blood hangover, you had a bit too much for a new vampire," At the word blood my stomach rumbled and I dashed upwards, crouching on the bed. He laughed and shouted.

"Come in!" he yelled at the door. The girl who I attacked yesterday walked in, I had the urge to pounce on her but Zach held me back. She was obviously crying but I felt no pity for her what so ever. Zach got up and quickly pierced the girls neck with his fangs. She didn't scream, she was obviously used to this by the look of her neck, it was full of bite marks, old and new. He stopped and she cupped her hand over her neck. Zach looked immaculate, there was not one spot of blood on him, not even on his teeth. He beckoned me forward and I didn't hesitate. I pierced the girls neck just as he did and started to drink, but my pleasure was cut short by a stinging in my mouth, I pulled away and looked at Zach's smiling face.

"Lesson number one; Always check your prey to see if they have ingested an anything to do with roses." He said and chucked me on the bed, the girl ran out of the room. The burning sensation was now in my stomach and I lurched in pain, panting heavily.

"H-how?" I asked him.

"I never bit her, lesson number two, always use your eyes." He said, shoving his wrist into my mouth, I drank his blood and the pain went away. He pulled his arm away from my fierce lock and he kissed me passionately on the lips. I cut it short by saying,

"Why did you make me a vampire?" I asked him and his eyes became sad,

"I wanted you forever, being a vampire can grant that," He said and kissed me again,

"But how come we are King and Queen, what about your dad?" I asked again, he looked a bit annoyed.

"Surely you know how royalty works, my mother died, my father had no female role to secure his place. I am the oldest son, I have now married with a vampire wife, so I am the rightful King," He said angrily, kissing my neck again.

"So-"

"NO MORE QUESTIONS!" He bellowed and I was against the wall by my neck, he rose me higher in the air and I was choking, he released me and I rubbed my neck.

"Screw you!" I yelled at him and he slapped me around the face so hard that if I was still a human I was sure my skin would have completely split.

"No wife of mine will EVER talk to me like that!" He yelled and stormed out of the room, I rubbed my cheek and neck I felt so angry but it was dominated by the need to go after him on my hands and knees and beg for his forgiveness.  I just plonked myself down on the bed and cried myself to sleep.

*

"Get up!"

"No!"

"Get up!

"NO!"

"Do you want me to stake you?"

"No, and you wont anyway because then you wont be King!"

"Fine you got me, get up!"

"N-O spells NO!"

"You are a very hormonal vampire"

"Thank you, sweetie!"

"It's alright, I brought you some new perfume, let me see if you like it." Before I realised what he was doing he poured some liquid and petals over me and I screamed in agony as the rose perfume went into my eyes, ears, nose and mouth.

"Are you going to get up now?" He whispered in my ear. I couldn't move or speak because of the pain.

"Fine if that's how you want it." He picked me up, my skin still sizzling and dropped me in the bath, it was obviously full of rose water. He tied my hands to the tap and put weights on my feet so that I couldn't get up. I screamed in agony and he whispered in my face,

"No you will stay in here until I come and get you, this is for not getting up when I asked and for last night when you cursed at me," He stormed out of the room leaving me screaming in the bathroom.

*

Four hours passed and finally he came back in, he bent down to my level and his face was so close to mine.

"Now what are you going to do now?" He asked and held his finger behind his ear, waiting for a answer.

"Get up when you tell me to," I said, my voice cracked from the screaming.

"And...?"

"And I'll never argue or curse at you ever again!" I yelled and two men walked in, I could hear their heartbeats, they lifted me out of the bath and my skin felt like sandpaper, but when I was out it cooled down a bit. I casually sniffed their scent and could find no hint of rose. So I sank my teeth into the first man and drank until he was dead. Then I started on the second, once I was done my skin felt much cooler. I ran over to Zach and hugged him,

"I'm so sorry!" I cried into his shoulder and he stroked my hair, I realised every part of his body was covered so he wasn't affected by the rose water.

"Apology accepted." He said and I felt a jolt in my stomach, I pulled away from him, he looked at me cradling my stomach and I blacked out, falling into his arms.

Ooh ;D By the way there is going to be a real shock at the end of this book ;D Zach is so vicious, but he has to be, did you ever think that the King of Hell is meant to be nice?! ;D

ox ox