Perfect: Chapter Twenty-Four

Perfect

Chapter Twenty Four

Emma

            I waited for it; the moment I would feel the bed shift. I had only been waiting for an hour, but it felt like a life time. No, longer than a life time.  The only thing I could think about was my phone; I needed to know that Beau missed me like I missed him. However, at 6:49 Dean pushed himself off the bed and headed towards the bathroom to get ready for work. In one quick movement, I reached for my cell phone that was laying on the night stand. My eyes were sensitive as the bright light turned on, and I slowly sat up. My eyes searched the screen for a message that wasn’t there. Beau had ignored me last night. My heart pounded against my chest and I wanted to cry but I held them back.

            I had told him I missed him and he straight up ignored me.

            Does he not miss me? I lay back down and stared up to the white ceilings. Of course not. He doesn’t, how could he possibly miss an engaged woman? It was his fault for me still being engaged though. He knows I would break things off with Dean in less than a moment if he would just tell me to do so but he wouldn’t.

            I swallowed hard, as Dean walked out of the bathroom. Memories of last night flooded back into my mind; I looked town to the brand new engagement ring that Dean picked out himself. It was beautiful but it wasn’t me. The diamond was huge, and it practically weighed my finger down with it. The one Beau had picked out was more my style.

            Dean cleared his throat and I moved on my side to look over at him as he buttoned up his white collared shirt. “Do you feel any better this morning?” He murmured, while tying to tie his tie.

          After a moment, i watched him and pushed myself from the bed. I giggled a little bit, and turned him towards me. He could never tye his tie. My hands gazed over his and he dropped them and let me take over. Silently, my hands worked the tie and he watched closely. After i was done, his hands cupped my cheeks and he looked at me hard. "Emma, do you feel alright this morning?" He demanded.

            I didn't say anything; I nodded even though it was a lie. I was awake all night fighting back the urge to throw up even more that I had at dinner. I didn't want to wake him only because I didn't want to have to deal with anymore confrontation. Every time I looked at him, I felt the urge to cry and tell him everything. Maybe then he would leave me, and let me be with Beau, I thought as i laid back in bed.

            I kept my mouth shut though.