Just Haven't Met You Yet (Danny Jones)

Just Haven’t Met You Yet

“They say all’s fair in love and war, but I won’t need to fight it…” I sang to myself as I sat in a Starbucks in London having a caramel frapaccino. They truly were one of the yummiest things on the planet. My bangs fell into my eyes as I brought my laptop out and I slowly pushed them back. Just as I was about to start typing my friend Jenna walked in and came over.

“Evy!” She smiled and gave me a hug which I returned gladly. Jenna has been my best friend since grade school. She would do anything for me and vice versa.

“Hey Jenna. What’s up?”

“I have something to tell you.” She smirked with her signature look. I knew that look and it only means one thing: she has something up her sleeve.

“Oh boy what is it?” I asked and took another sip of my frap. Yummy! Man these are the shit! I wonder if I could make one of these at home. Hmmmm….

“Evy!” Jenna snapped and waved her hand in front of my face.

“W-what?”

“I have a surprise for you! A blind date to be exact.” She grinned from ear to ear.

“No.” I giggled.

“No? Come on you need to get back in the swing, the saddle, and the sack!” She exclaimed.

“Gee and my sex life just has been that public lately.” Embarrassed I looked to the side.

“Evy do you realize how beautiful you are? You have gorgeous long dark hair, beautiful chocolate brown eyes, and your figure is great! God I’m so jealous!” She sighed.

“Awww thanks Jenna! Look I appreciate the blind date, but no, and I just haven’t found the right one yet.” I sighed as well and took another sip of my frap. At least I found the right one as far as you go, I said in my head and smiled.

Danny’s P.O.V.

“I just haven’t met you yet…” I sang to myself as I watched the sun go down from my window.

Time and time again I’ve always had one problem: Finding love. It would always start out good. I would find a girl I liked, we’d kiss, go on dates, and everything would be fine. Later though things would just fall apart and truth be told I was sick of it. All I wanted was a girl that could be herself around me, hang with my mates, play some footie with, and spend time with me. Things are easier said than done.

“She’s got to be out there somewhere.” I breathed and headed to bed.

Evy’s P.O.V.

Ok I’m officially lost. Why the hell did Jenna have to move to a gated community? Damn it!

I was walking around in circles it seemed to get to Jenna’s house. She moved again and got a bigger place (in the same gated community) but I had never been there before. I thought I could follow her directions but apparently I’m a little challenged. Shoot.

~

Danny’s P.O.V.

It was getting a little dark so I decided it was time to take the doggies out. They jumped up and down at the door and chewed on their leashes signaling they really wanted to go out.

“All right you two settle down,” I laughed and clipped the leashes to their collars and headed out the door.

Thankfully it wasn’t too cold but it was a little nippy. The dogs didn’t seem to mind and trotted along happily while wagging their tales.