Obsession (Sam Winchester)

Obsession

          "Sam! Sam! Come play with me!" Airin Wolf at the age of five sang out to a young Sam Winchester who was only seven.

          "I'm coming! Let's jump into these piles of leaves!"

          "Sam! SAM! SAM!"

          "Huh?" I asked and looked at Dean.

          "Snap out of it Sammy and pay attention." Dean growled at me while we listened to Airin's parents give us the low down on her disappearance.

          "We can't find her. For a few months now we've tried to track her down and even others have helped, but it seems like she doesn't want to be found." Her father John barked.

          "We've gone to the other hunters and no one has come up with anymore than a dead end. I just want her to talk to us," Airin's mom, Sandra breathed. John went to put his arm around his wife's shoulders to comfort her.

          The thing is Airin's family and ours have known each other since before I was even born. Airin and I used to play together every day when we were younger. Even then I had this little crush on her. She always had the long brown hair, these gorgeous hazel eyes with a golden ring around them, and her skin was a milky warm white. It's been a good fifteen years since I've seen or talked to her, but she's always had a special place I my heart. No one has ever known my feelings for her...

          Dean was handed a picture of Airin from Sandra and then passed it to me. My felt like it slowed down and I became absolutely deaf to the rest of the world. She was- she looked- holy Jesus mother of-

          "Sam! What the hell is the matter with you today?!"

          I gave Dean an apologetic look and then we said our goodbyes to John and Sandra so we could track down Airin and see what the hell she was doing.

~

          "If the sources are true then she should be coming here tonight," I concluded as Dean and I walked into a bar two hours away from Airin's parent's house.

          It took Dean and I only two days to find her, how no one else could, I wasn't sure. I guess we're just that good, or something was up.

          "So she's a regular here or something? Great." I looked at Dean and gave him a 'knock it off' look.

          The both of us took a seat at the bar and ordered two beers. After taking a couple sips to take off the edge Airin walked into the bar. She looked...beautiful.

          Dean turned to look where my eyes had gone and whispered, "Bingo."

          "So how are we gunna do this?"

          Dean shrugged his shoulders. "I think we just grab her."

          I looked at my brother dumbfounded. "Seriously? We can't just grab her! There are too many people here. We'll just have to wait till she-"But I paused and watched a guy come up to her and pull her into an embrace before kissing her full on the mouth. "Leaves," I finished with a growl. I had no idea why I just growled but I didn't like this guy touching her.

          Am I jealous? It's been years since I've seen her-

          "Yeah you keep thinking but I'm going to act," Dean smiled and got up from his stool.

          "Dean wait-" But there was no listening. Dean went straight over to Airin before I could do anything. "Ah shit."

          I jumped off my bar stool and headed over to him. Already he was talking to her and she looked pissed.