Take a Chance

Take a Chance

Who would have thought that last year for spring break I would be going to London, England for a whole two weeks?! I flew all the way from Canada and couldn't- no wouldn't sleep at all on the flight. This was a trip of a life time and who would want to miss a single moment?

It was there that I ran into the famously gorgeous Dougie Poynter from McFly. I was just minding my own business in the park when out of nowhere my body was knocked over to the ground by him. Right away I knew who he was. McFly was one of my favorite bands. Every time I would listen to their music, it would seem that the worries of the world would just melt away. At first I was in shock. He just asked that I be quiet for a second because an army of girls were looking for him. I looked to my right as both of us stupidly hid behind a tree, and I kid you not, there, not even 100 yards away were dozens of girls looking for him.

My body couldn't hold it in anymore and I let out a good laugh.

"This is not funny," he gasped.

"I'm sorry Dougie but it kind of is," I teased and in that moment I realized that he was pressing me against the tree. Well this is not awkward at all.

"Do you like having girls chasing you," he asked while pressing against me more so that he could see if they were gone.

"Um, well, I don't have people chase after me, so no," I blushed. Come on Chrissy! Think of something! Wait! Dougie Poynter is pressing you to a tree! Oh my god! Haha!

Turning my head in the same direction as Dougie's, I could see that the girls were kind of thinning out and going in different directions. We had to get out of here. Poor guy.

"Okay Dougie, listen, you and I are going to make a run for it. I see a cab right over there past the gates," I finished and pointed the cab out.

"Are you crazy?! They'll see us," he exclaimed. What a baby!

I was kind of getting a thrill out of this for some reason. It was like being a spy or something. Yah I'm the adventurous type. Doing stuff that gets your adrenaline pumping is one of my favorite things to do, but I also like to chill. You would probably think that I'm not the dare devil type cause I'm only a whopping five-foot-three, but hay don't judge. Didn't your momma tell you that?

Blowing my dark bangs out of my face, I turned to look Dougie right in his blue eyes, "Take a chance," I whispered.

He looked as if he was contemplating the notion. Finally he decided to do it and grabbed my hand. Oh my god Dougie is holding my hand, I swooned. My mind couldn't help itself. I had dreamed about this, but never did I think it would actually happen.

We took off running toward the gates, but not fast enough. One of the girls saw us and shouted, causing all the others to come running after us. Dougie and I just looked at each other for a split second while we kept on running.

Reaching the cab and jumping in, Dougie yelled, "Go man! Go!"

The driver took only a second to look out the window as to see why we were so out of breath and sped off.

The two of us just burst out laughing and looked out the window.

"Holy shit," I breathed.

"Yah. Thanks though," he smiled at me.

"I'm Chrissy," I said and stuck my hand out.

"Dougie," he replied and shook my hand still smiling at me.

"I know," I laughed and leaned back against the seat with a smile.

It was that day that would change my life forever. Yes spring break did end a week and a half later, but Dougie and I became inseparable. Everyday we would spend time together and have a blast. Luckily though we didn't have to deal with another mob of fans. He took me to the air port and we both said our goodbyes. It was painful finally meeting the guy of my dreams and then having to leave him. Both of us promised to still keep in touch and talk as much as possible.