A Love That's So Demanding (70,71,72)

Chapter 70

(Nonnie's POV)

I sat in the lobby of my job watching my co-workers leave one at a time. "Darn Pete, why'd he have to go and tell about this morning. I could have been half way home already." I mumbled to myself.

"Good night Nonnie," Miss. Linda said leaving. I waited ten more minutes, then I'd had enough. What was taking Frank so long. I stood up gathering my things, and the lobby door opened revealing Frank. He raised his eyebrow when he saw me with my things.

"And where were you going?"

"I saw you come into the building." I said motioning toward the window and rolling my eyes.

"Liar." he said with a smile. I walked over and kissed him. Then he took my hand and we headed to the bus stop. I prayed that Rick wouldn't be there this time.

I realized that god must hate me, as I boarded the bus I saw Rick sitting in the same seat. It was like he hadn't moved all day. There were no seats on the bus accept one next to him. " I saved you a seat." He yelled from the back of the bus.

"She'll stand thanks." Frank yelled back. I grabbed hold of the rail as the bus took off.

"So now you are being escorted through New York at all times? You must be freaking royalty." I took a step closer to Frank and wrapped my arms around his neck, pulling his face down to mine in a kiss. I didn't hear a word after that and we didn't stop kissing 'till we were one stop away from home. I pulled away.

"We should get off here. He still doesn't know where we live or where to find Janay," I said so only he could hear.

"From now on you are taking a cab to and from work." he said.

"Frank that will cost a fortune we can't afford it."

"We can't afford for you to get attacked by Janay's crazy ex."

"How 'bout I take the cab to and you pick me up after?"

"Okay and on days I can't make it, I'll send someone for you. I can't believe this. We are supposed to be starting a basically worry free life and we have to worry about cleaning up Janay's mess."

"It's not her fault he's psycho."

"She stayed with that prick for a year and a half."

"I know, but I stayed with Travis." I said as if that explained everything.

"Travis never hit you and if he had I would have beaten him senseless.

"He did hit me the last time we saw him Frank and you did beat him senseless." I said with a smile. We were only two blocks away from home. I thought it sucked that I wouldn't be able to goof off all day like everyone else while Janay, Rachael were in town. "But Janay's situation is different than mine was. I don't think any of us will ever understand it until we are in it." we arrived at home. "Don't worry about Rick after Janay leaves town, we won't have to worry about him any more." I was saying that like I really believed it. In all honesty he scared the hell out of me. I wouldn't tell that to Frank cause he would insist that I quit my job.

Chapter 71

(Janay's POV)

I woke up today with a smile. We were going home to LA in a few hours and I couldn't wait, but there was something I had to do first. I crawled out of bed and quietly got dressed so I wouldn't wake up Pete. Then I waited 'till I heard Non, leave in her cab. Once I was sure she was gone I snuck out the front door and got onto the bus. I had to end this thing with Rick. I hadn't officially told him it was over and I hadn't seen him since at my parents house. I was tired of being scared that Nonnie was going to be in danger I mean this was going to be her new home.