A Love That's So Demanding (60,61)

Chapter 60

(Frank's POV)

This past week has been so much fun. Gerard, Mikey, Ray and Bob all went back to New York the next day to set things up for when Rachael and Janay came to visit. We would all be staying at Gerard's place. Bill was coming and so was Pete. Non wanted Andy to come with Claire, but I think the idea made him a little uncomfortable. I would have been fine with it though.

Janay hasn't been her old overly protective self. She's been quiet. I asked Non what was wrong and she told me about Rick, I vaguely remember the guy that came running after the cab pulled off when all this started. He didn't look like anything to be scared of. I do remember that he was a prick to Travis, and maybe a little paranoid.

Today though we were leaving for New York, we were headed to the airport now. Non was sleeping with her head on my shoulder. It amazed me how peaceful she looked with all that was going on around her. I could tell though that she was a little worried about Janay. They were back to being friends and Janay had even warmed up a little to me. She's started calling me by my name instead of him and that guy. It's not much but it's a step in the right direction.

"Non wake up you can sleep some more on the plane ok," I said as we pulled into the parking lot. We all got out, and grabbed our bags, New York here we come.

Chapter 61

(Nonnie's POV)

I lay starring at the ceiling of the living room of Gerard's house, my new home. After we arrived here in NY everyone but me wanted to take a nap. I wonder why? I just said okay and they all went to their rooms. For the time being Frank and I were going to sleep on the pullout bed in the living room. Janay and Pete were staying in what would turn into Frank's and my room, and Rachael and Bill had taken over Mikey's room. I laughed when he whined about not wanting to stay in Gerard's room with him. "He snores like a grizzly," he said making us fall to the floor laughing.

"No I don't," Gerard said trying to defend himself.

"Uh Gee did you forget that I've been on a tour bus with you and yeah it does sound a lot like a grizzly bear." I said he just looked at me and that is how we ended up on the couch. Well actually I would have insisted that Janay and Pete have the bedroom anyway, but Gerard thought he was getting back at me I might as well let him.

I got out of the bed careful not to wake Frank. I went into the kitchen saw that Gerard was already in there with a cup of coffee. "Hey," I said it was in the middle of the after noon.

"Aren't you tired?" he said sipping the hot liquid.

"No, I slept on the plane and in the car on the way to the airport. So yeah not so tired." He gave a small laugh.

"Yeah I can see where you wouldn't be tired. So what are you doing today?"

"I don't know I wanted to go and look for a job. Maybe check in at my old job see if they will rehire me."

"Didn't you hate that job?"

"Yeah, but while he's off being a rock star I'm going to need something to keep me busy."

"True, so why don't you get a job you like?"

"I don't think one exists," I said with a laugh.

"I found one,"

"Yeah but you have a talent I don't,"

"You have talent, you just haven't realized it yet. I've heard you sing, I've seen your poems. You have talent."

"Gerard no offense but you're my friend you have to tell me that." I got up from the table, "I think I'm going to go out, tell Frank I'll be back later okay." He nodded and I left the house. I knew where I was going I hadn't been in NY in six months and I actually missed it a lot. I climbed on the bus, the same one that used to take me to work everyday and got off at the stop out side of Maxeen Press. I took a deep breath. Here goes nothing. I entered the building and walked past the receptionist like I still worked there. I headed toward my old cubical. But turned into Miss Linda's cubical instead. When she saw me a huge smile spread across her face.