A Love That's So Demanding (53,54,55)

Chapter 53

(Janay's POV)

I was so mad at Non I didn't hear when Pete came in. I looked over he had his hands up ready to defend himself against me. "Is it safe to approach?" I just nodded, I wasn't mad at him anymore all my anger was concentrated on Non. "Good cause there isn't a free spot on the floor in the living room for me to sleep on with everyone else here. So... are you and Non cool now?"

"No, we aren't ever going to be as long as she's with him." Pete looked at me like I was crazy.

"You do realize that this is the exact same way Ray treated you when you were with...what's his name. Right?" I hadn't even thought about Rick since I came out here. his face flashed in my mind. His smile, that laugh. This hadn't happened in a long time. I was reminding myself why I'd been with him.

"That was different..."

"Your right that was different, you were being abused. Frank is doing everything in his power to keep that girl out of harms way. He's the only one she listens to."

"And that's the problem he has way too much control over her."

"Maybe they have that control over each other. Have you seen the way they look at each other."

"I try my best to ignore them." I said rolling my eyes. He just signed and crawled into bed next to me. he turned away from me, which is how we've been sleeping since last night. Back to back cause we've had this same fight since she saw the tape.

(Pete's POV)

This is really starting to get old. I love Janay, even though she keeps me at arms length I understand. She's afraid I'll be like that other guy she was with. That's why I've put up with this for this long, but I can only take so much. She's so freaking stubborn its not funny. I understand that she's afraid for her friend, I was too when I didn't know the guy. But tonight, the way he talked to her. I was playing the game, but I was close enough to hear every word, which is why I lost. I knew that Janay wouldn't agree with the "I made the right decision for me" thing. I just hoped that she might consider that someone might be able to think on their own. I closed my eyes. Maybe I can try and fix this in the morning.

Chapter 54

(Nonnie's POV)

I walked down the hall to the shower still in my pajamas, Frank followed close behind me. We were both giggling knowing how much fun we were about to have in the shower. Then Janay's door opened and we went silent. There stood Janay and Pete.

"Morning," Pete whispered.

"Morning," Frank whispered back. "We were just headed to the shower, we thought everyone else was asleep."

"So did we," Pete said, Janay and I just stared at each other the whole time. While they had their conversation. "We were just about to go make breakfast, but then I got the idea that the four of us go get something at say Ihop?" I saw Janay give him a death glare, one that I was rather fond of, I used to get it a lot.

"I don't..." she started.

"I think that would be great. Well just go get dressed," Frank said, now it was my turn to give the death glare. He grabbed my hand and led me back to our room.

"Frank what are you doing." I said as he picked up his jeans off the floor.

"I'm getting dressed. You should too." He said smiling.

"Frank did you forget that Janay hates us both?"

"No that look on her face said it all, and I'm used to it by now. You on the other hand are going to miss having that friend." I looked down at my hands.