Chapter 20: Confession

Today, I woke up earlier than usual, so I decided to stop by at a 24-hours convenience store to buy a cup of hot coffee and a pack of chewing gums.

I was stirring the coffee at the counter provided, when someone poked my shoulder, making me flinch.

"Oh, it's you. " I sighed in relief. It's Yoongi. His eyes were barely open, a yawn escaped from his mouth as he tries to greet me.

"Morning. " he muttered, "What are you doing here so early? "

"I should ask you the same. " I giggled, "I woke up too early. It's still dark out there. "

"Wow, what a coincidence.. I usually wake up at 6, but not today. I tried to fall back to continue my sleep again, but I just can't. " Yoongi said, "Why did you buy those? " he pointed at the pack of gums beside my cup.

"Ah.. Well, I tried to stop smoking and I heard gums are really effective. " I said.

"Oh, good luck then. Can you wait me for a moment? I need a cup of coffee too. " Yoongi stated.

"Sure. "

After buying the coffee he wanted, he placed his cup beside mine.

"So.. About yesterday. "

"Oh, right! You left your shirt, here. " I handed him a paper bag that contains his uniform in it.

"Thanks. " he muttered.

"Should we go now? " I asked.

Yoongi nodded in response.

YOONGI'S POV:

I just can't take my eyes off her. I was staring at her blankly and didn't notice she was talking to me for the whole time.

"Yah, Min Yoongi. "

She suddenly stepped in front of me, making me stop my track.

"What? "

"Are you listening to me? " she asked.

I let out an awkward chuckle and shook my head.

"Aish. Forget it. " (Y/N) sighed.

"Hey, wait. " I grabbed her hand, turning her around.

"What? "

"I... Ugh, nothing. " I mumbled.

"Yah, you're making me curious! What are you trying to tell me? " she asked.

"I said nothing, let's go. " I let go of her hand.

"I'm not going until you tell me what are you trying to say. " she pouted.

"Fine. I think I like you! " I said, both cheeks burning in embarrassment.

We stood 1 metre apart, both of us kept our gaze low. I wanted to speak, but I just couldn't make any sound.

"You're kidding, right? " she suddenly asked.

"No. I'm serious. "

"This is bullshit, Yoongi. You already have a girlfriend. " (Y/N) said, her expression turned sad as she finished her sentence.

"After I dated Yuna, I realized I was wrong. The one I really like wasn't her. It's you. (Y/N). " I said, holding her hand.

She yanked her hand away from me, "S-Stop joking around, this ain't funny. Let's go. "

I walked up to her and wrapped my arms around her waist, stopping her.

"I really like you. Before you changed, I had already fallen for you, but I always thought it was Yuna. " I whispered.

Wow, isn't this look like K-Drama? Us standing at the sidewalk, I back-hugged (Y/N) while confessing. Someone give me an Oscar Award. :)

"Stop it- "

"Sorry I hurt your feelings back then. I'm such a fool. I denied my feelings for you, and thought that Yuna is a perfect girl for me. Can you please forgive me? "

"You're already forgiven long time ago, Yoongi. " she said, pulling herself apart from me, "But I can't accept your feelings now, even though I like you freaking much. You're still dating Yuna. "

"But- "

"I'll wait for you! " (Y/N) beamed, "I'll wait for you to confirm your true feelings. I'll wait for you to tell Yuna. "

"Promise? " I asked.

"Yes. I promise. "

I leaned in and peck her cheek, leaving her staring at me blankly.

"A promising gift, I guess? " I chuckled, whistling while walking away.

YOUR POV:

Did Yoongi just kiss me?! Ah, flick my forehead please I want to know whether this is a dream or not. If this is a dream, I would stay asleep forever.

I squealed in joy, bouncing up and down.

"Why are you this happy? " Nam Joon pressed my head.

"Don't do that, you're ruining my hair. " I said, still smiling widely.

"Okay this is creeping me out. What happened to you? Did you take any ecstasy pill or what? "

"Shut up. Yoongi just confessed to me. " I muttered shyly.

"Really?! Ah, congratulations!! " Nam Joon grabbed both of my hands and bounced with me.

A passerby walked pass us and gave us a 'why-is-these-two-kids-jumping-around-like-a-maniac' look.

"We should stop. " I laughed.

"Should we go celebrate? After school. " Nam Joon said.

"Yeah! "

"But you're treating! " he flicked my forehead, running away from me.

"YAH KIM NAM JOON! THAT HURTS A LOT! "