Chapter 8: Project partner

"Class, I'm going to give you about the Science project I mentioned before the summer break to you all. " the teacher said.

The students groaned loudly, causing the teacher to hit her table twice to shut them up.

"And I will decide your partner. " she added.

"Come on! " one of the student whined.

"Okay, I'll be reading your project partner now so listen carefully. " the teacher said, taking the list in her hand and adjusted her glasses.

"Please, let me be with (Y/N). " Nam Joon prayed.

I smiled, thinking that how great is our friendship.

"Or else she'll fail in this project. " he mumbled, loud enough for me to hear.

I take back what I said just now.

"Yah you brat! " I kicked his foot, making him groan in pain.

"What? " he asked innocently.

"You- Ugh! "

"(Y/N) and Min Yoongi- "

"What?! " I yelled, hitting the table with my hand.

"Teacher, can I change my partner? " Yoongi asked with a emotionless face.

"No, and (Y/N), please don't interrupt me. " the teacher said sternly.

"Aish! " I kicked the table, "I'm gonna break her car glass. " I mumbled to myself.

"Woah, chill there princess. " Nam Joon said, "It's okay, Yoongi is smart as fuck. Of course I'm better than him though.. But he's really good in Science. You're not gonna fail this project. "

"I don't care, why the hell I have to partner up with him? " I whined.

"Do you think I want to? " Yoongi scoffed.

"You fucking piece of shit! " I spat, ready to hit him in his face, but Nam Joon pulled me back.

"Hey hey hey, stop! " Nam Joon said.

"Did you hear how he talked to me?! " I stared at Nam Joon with a fierce look.

"Yes. But you're overreacting, seriously. " Nam Joon rolled his eyes, "It's not that bad, just do the project with him for a week. "

"A week? How can I stand with his fucking attitude within a week? "

I looked back at Yoongi, expecting him to glare at me but no. Instead, he was so focused reading a book.

"Can I just murder him? " I asked Nam Joon.

"If you wanna go to jail, sure. "

~

I was walking around the shopping mall with Yuna, to choose a present for her cousin. I didn't want to go at first, but Yuna forcefully dragged me along, so I ended up in the mall.

"What about this? " Yuna asked, taking up a branded bag.

"I don't know Yuna. We looked at this bag for the hundredth time I think. " I answered her sarcastically.

"Aww, come on. Do you really hate shopping? "

I nodded, "Yes. I prefer sleeping or smoking actually. Ah, speaking of which, I have to buy another box of cigarette later. "

"Yah, you promised me not to smoke again! " Yuna exclaimed.

"Well, I can't just stop smoking in a day. I'll die. " I said, "Just buy that damn bag and let me go home. "

"Fineeeee. " Yuna groaned.

My phone buzzed out of the blue. I fished out my phone from my pocket and checked the message.

It's from Yoongi.

This is Yoongi. I think I should give you my phone number since we're partners in the Science project. Call or text me when necessary, bye.

Without realizing, my lips curled up into a smile.

"Why are you smiling? Who texted you? " Yuna asked, peering over to look at my phone screen.

I immediately switch my phone off and stuck it into my pocket.

"It's nothing. Just um.. My friend. "

"Oh.. " Yuna eyed me suspiciously.

"Don't look at me like that! " I whined, nudging her side.

"Okay okay! Geez.. "