Neighbor

(Zero's pov) 

It was, against my orders, decided that I would stay in the hospital. I wasn't fond of the idea. I don't mind hospitals, it's just that I feel that if I stay here too long that I'll start to get horrible memories. The comforting thing was I was familiar with the nurses and the children from the other ward visited me often. 

It's been 2 days since the incident. The idiots, including Rin and his big mouthed sister, come by randomly to check up on me or to drop a few things off. I spent my time sketching, reading, or even playing chess with my curse. 

All and all, I was bored. I felt completely fine but my doctor felt that something wasn't right and wanted to run some tests. I mindlessly played with the remote of my bed. Up...down...up..down...up..............down.........

The abrupt opening of my room door made me drop the remote, eliciting a groan. Two nurses rolled in another sleeping patient. My eyes trailed up to the persons body until falling onto his face. 

He had white hair, almost similar to mine, and a oxygen mask pressed firmly to his calm face. "Hey Maggy, who's my new roommate?" I asked one of the female nurses while the other one hurried to set his IV up. 

The older female's tired eyes turned to me

The older female's tired eyes turned to me. Stress lines adorned her face along with two identical dark shades underneath her eyes. 

"Wish I knew. He's been here for a few years now in a coma. He was in a bad accident and someone has just mysteriously been paying his hospital bills. Unfortunately, we have no record on his identity."

"So if he's in a coma due to some unfortunate accident then why are you moving him in here?"

"Ah, well the doctor believes he's going to wake up any day now. It'll be nice to figure out who the hell he is." 

She looked down at her watch and released a soft groan. "Second shift..." she grumbled before waving me goodbye and walking out the door with the other nurse. The room was deathly silent though. The only sound being the beeping of my new neighbor's hear monitor.