Odd

Adrien was right, the next day at school still wasn't the same without Marinette there. The first half of the school day, Adrien was busy at a photoshoot. So Nino sat with Alya.

Meanwhile, at the house, Gabriel and Mrs. Agreste chatted in the dining room as they ate lunch.

"You did what?!" Gabriel exclaimed through his gritted teeth.

"Don't worry, she'll never find it," Mrs. Agreste picked up the steaming tea cup of sweet raspberry tea. She took a sip, before placing back down on the table, "and don't you want to know what Marinette is up to with our son?"

"You can't be putting camera's in people's rooms!"

"You can't tell me what I can and can't do," She raised her voice a bit, before sighing, and taking another sip of tea. "Have you not figured it out yet, Gabriel?"

"What?" he questioned. She shook her head in disbelief, and laughed.

"I guess you haven't," Mrs. Agreste said, as she finished of her beverage. She set the fine, white with shiny pink elegant designs, teacup back down on its matching tea plate.

"Don't change to subject-" he was interrupted by Mrs. Agreste pushing her chair out, and it falling to the floor. The loud crash of the white cushioned, and deep red framed chair falling to the floor made the two adults silent.

"Don't tell me what to do," she growled under her breath.

"I could have you arrested if I wanted to! So watch your mouth," Gabriel yelled. In a blink of an eye, Mrs. Agreste threw a butter knife that laid on the table for their lunch. She launched it a few inches away from him so it didn't hit him, but still scared him.

"I could kill you if I wanted to, so don't threaten me."

Gabriel gulped, and was left speechless as the blonde woman exited the room with such grace. He wondered why he ever married her, but remembered that she was different back then.

The blonde woman stomped back up to the room she was given for the time being. Once safely behind the locked door, she removed the hoodie that she always had on. She pulled out a portable monitor. It was the monitor to the cameras hidden in Marinette's room.

"The great Ladybug, huh? There is only so much a little girl like her can do, she can't even protect herself," she said, after setting the screen down on the bedside table, and fell fast asleep.
_______________________________________

(Marinette P.O.V)

Everyday Adrien would come visit me in the hospital. Every night Chat Noir would come visit me in the hospital. He was always around, don't get me wrong, I love having him around, but he was constantly apologizing for letting me get hurt. It gets tiring after awhile. And it had been a few days after Peacock had showed up, I told Adrien all about it. Like what they said, and how creepy they acted, and even they vowing to not hurt me.

Alya, Nino and Adrien had gotten my homework, and class assignments for me, and brought them to me every day. They even lended me their notes, but if I still didn't understand the lesson, then they'd help me. I was lucky to have friends like these.

It was a Friday afternoon, and Alya, Nino and Adrien had come to the hospital like they did almost everyday after school. When they entered the room, Alya had my pink binder full of work I had to complete today in her hand, like normal, but when the boys entered they had flowers, chocolates, and cards in their hands. They saw the confused look I had plastered on my face, and Alya spoke.

"They're gifts from our classmates," she said, and placed my binder on the windowsill.

"They all miss you, Marinette," Nino said when gently putting the goods on the end of my bed where my feet didn't reach. Adrien stayed silent when he placed down the gifts in his arms. He refused to make eye contact with me, and instead looked everywhere around the room, in search of something. He squinted as he glanced at everything, before he sighed.

"I gotta go- photoshoot... Bye," he left with only a few words.

"That was... Odd?" I sat there and still stared at the door even after Adrien left, like I hoped he would come back.

"It was, maybe that's because he's partnered up with Chloè for a physics project," Alya got comfortable in the chair that Adrien would normally sit in, and she started handing me the chocolates, and cards.

"Speaking of Chloè, she also got you a present," Nino pulled out a little, black cat plushie that had a card attached. He handed me the soft cat, and I opened the card.

Marinette I don't really know how you got yourself into the hospital, and I don't really care either. But I hope you know that your absence from school is making Adrien sad, and I don't like seeing MY Adrien sad. So hurry up and get to school already.

Chloè

I snickered as I read the message. Chloè may not be the nicest person, but she still has a thread of goodness left inside her. I clutched the cat plushie to my chest, and smiled as the three of us read the other cards, and laughed with glee together. I really am a very lucky girl.
_____________________________________

So I got my phone taken away, because I was getting bad grades in school... Whoops... And I didn't get the work on this chapter very much. There were moments where my mother would let me get on my phone, but they weren't very long.

See you in the next chapter, bye-bye!! 🐞🐱🐞