Good going, world

Alisha

"That's Salman's sister!" someone screamed, and the men looked at the both of us. As if stung, the man left Roo's hand and she fell on the cement, crying and yelling at the men simultaneously. By this time, people were gathered around us in a huge number as they tried to get photos and even asked for selfies. If it wasn't for Lauren, I would have snapped at these people.

"Does anyone here have a network? Please?" I appealed and the people looked around the place, at each other, puzzled. I asked again, until a man broke the crowd and gave us his hand, also handing out his phone. Thanking him, I dialled 911 first, and Dimitri later. The men though, had fled into the darkness, and nobody had tried to stop them. I didn't care right now though, I only wanted to get the hell out of this place.

"Dimitri, come fast, please." I said to him and he didn't ask any questions. The next thing I knew was that Dimitri was there with Mike in less than two minutes. By this time, the crowd was getting out of control, the flashes had no stop to them. Lauren had stopped crying, but tried to cover her face, not wanting to be the centre of attention. I knew she was going through flashbacks, I could tell by the way she was sobbing and even uttered Mason once. I stayed close to her, asking people to stop, begging them to stop. When we needed people, nobody stopped to help us. When we wanted to be left alone, people couldn't stop hounding us.

"What the hell?" Dimitri asked and Lauren immediately went into the SUV in which they both came. On the other hand, the crowd didn't let me move.

"Move, guys, give the girl some space!" Mike appealed as Dimitri tried to do the little that he could. Truth was, he hadn't seen crowds go insane like this before, and didn't know how to deal with the situation. Paparazzi were one thing, but the crowd not letting an injured person pass through was another thing altogether.

"A guy sure was all up in her space!" a lady let Mike know and he looked at me briefly before focusing again on getting me into the car. Finally, we were there, and Mike looked at me from the driver's seat. I asked them not to move, since cops were on their way. Dimitri was worried, and he couldn't take his gaze off the bruise on Lauren's arm and my face.

"They cat called us and we just fought them." I told Mike and he looked ahead. The crowd was still hounding at the car, banging at the doors and windows. Lauren held her head in her hands, closing her eyes and refusing to acknowledge any of this was happening. Mike punched the horn in distress, scaring the crowd silent for a second or two before the uproar started again. While a few did try to convince the others to back off, an overwhelming majority still wanted a look inside the car. It wasn't until the cops came that the area cleared off. Nobody wanted to be involved in a police case.

The police station looked like a circus, if not a full fledged mad house. There were cops around us, surrounding us two girls while we sat on the two chairs trying to file a complaint. Dimitri and Mike were with other cops, getting their version verified, identifying the men and all the other stuff. And here we were, getting stared at by a bunch of cops.

"Seriously, why not register this as a criminal act and drag them to court?" Lauren asked, banging her fist on the table. The cops were all hesitant to answer, but we knew exactly what they all had in their minds. Nobody wanted to say it.

"Okay, ladies, carefully tell us what happened." the cop said, and I looked around. There was not one female cop present, to make girls feel comfortable enough to share a story of public harassment. Not that I felt any embarrassment in narrating it for the second time.

"We were walking down the street, when one guy..."

"Which guy?"

"I don't know his name, but the one with the black vest."