NYE in NYC

Alisha

Good for me, I was in the hotel for New Year ’s Eve. Even better, I had trained and was pumped about how I look. Like, how my shoulders looked. 

There was still a lot of repairing to do, but the burn marks were gone. They were invisible, gone, like the incident had never happened. I hated to admit it, but this would help me to forget about those attacks on me and my sister in law. Looking at the dressing still covering my shoulder, I removed the scarf that concealed it. It was about time I embraced the reality. 

“Alisha, how do you feel?” a paparazzo asked, clicking away as I got out of the gym in New York. I was pleasantly surprised to see them treat me like a human being, so I spent a little time answering a few questions. Most of them were general in nature, a few giving out the information people had been begging for on twitter. I hadn’t tweeted yet, but I did go through my mentions and they were spammed with well-wishers, curious souls and haters alike. 

“Did you miss your family?”

“Like hell.” I replied, getting into the car. Mike was rigid, Tyson being a little more relaxed. Nevertheless, both were alarmed to extreme levels.

“Guys, it’s fine. I just feel good today.” I smiled, and they nodded in sync. Revving away from the gym, we were soon at the hotel and into the suite. The guys were already hogging on the food, except Malaika who claimed she had gained weight from the medicines and the lying down. 

“Where is my food?” I propped myself up at one of the stools in the kitchen, dragging the bread basket towards myself. 

“Yep, she’s back.” Sohail mumbled as I hit him playfully on his arm. It was only my second day back into the family, but it was as if I had never been unconscious. Apparently, that wasn’t the case with my brothers. They were a wreck, and the staff was on a watch 24/7 to avoid them getting into trouble. For example, Arbaaz almost tried to buy out the entire hospital out when the doctor told him he couldn’t stay with me or Malaika during the surgery. 

“So tonight’s plan is on, right?” Adrian asked shredding apart the pizza slice.

“Totally. Sounds perfect.” I smiled and noticed the room had turned pin drop silent. Shrugging, I continued to eat as if nothing was wrong.

“You do realize that we have a fund raiser tonight, right?” Arbaaz asked me, and I nodded. The guys and Being Human had gotten together to book the central park on New Year ’s Eve for fund raising. The tickets were on sale, and were gonna generate thousands of dollars for the NGO. 

“And that people are dying to see you?” Sohail added in the end, this time making me drop my garlic bread.

“But I had plans. Besides, I don’t want to go on stage!” I chewed on my garlic bread more, trying not to choke while I spoke. These guys were being hypocrites. First they told me I had a choice about this limelight thing, and then they wanted me to come on stage on New Year’s Eve just after a surgery and be completely normal. 

“Guys, we’re being hypocrites.” Wow, Salman could read my mind. 

“Baby girl, you can come if you want to, or stay back if you want, it’s your decision.” He smiled and the guys let us be, knowing arguing with Salman about something regarding me was waste of time. He would never compromise on his baby sister. 

“I’ll let you guys know.” I ended the topic, wanting a more positive vibe around. Thankfully for me, with my entire family around that wasn’t a challenge. Within moments the table was enveloped with laughter and smiles, with hyper active young people talking about everything that came to their mind.