Chapter 5

Amber's P.O.V.

You would think that being in constant pain would make it easier as time went by. But let me tell you something.

It doesn't.

I think about the events of yesterday, but no tears come. I think that I have run out of them.
I feel hollow inside. Like it isn't me that is going through the motions, but rather a shell of who I was.

I look at the clock on the wall. It says 7 a.m. They would be wanting their breakfast right about now. I turn my head back so that I am looking at the ceiling and sigh.

What are we gonna do, Mila?

<We must stay strong.>

How can we stay strong when life is a living hell?

<I don't know...> Her voice fades away.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next week passes in the same way. Me lying in bed all day, with Tyler and Demitri coming in to beat and rape me. My wolf is trying to keep up my spirits, but she doesn't succeed. The only time I eat is at night when everyone is asleep, and I would slowly creep down the stairs. Partly because I wanted to be quiet, but mostly because I couldn't go any faster. I didn't have any will to do anything anymore. As I ate, I wouldn't taste anything. I just did it so that I wouldn't starve to death. The only comfort I had was in Sarah's freedom and the fact that I still had Mila. I don't know what I would do without her.

One day I was lying in bed staring up at the ceiling when I heard a commotion. I slowly turn my head towards the door when it bursts open and Demitri rushes in.

"You bitch! You brought them here! Now you're gonna pay!"

He came toward me but I didn't flinch. I was so confused.

"What are you talking about?" I managed to rasp out. I have hardly talked for the last week.

"You know perfectly well what I am talking about. Wolves from the next pack over are coming and-" He was cut off by the sounds of paws against the dirt coming closer and closer. There was a moment of silence...

And then came the growls and snarls of wolves fighting.

Demitri curses. He looks undecided for a second before closing the gap between us. "I should've killed you a long time ago."

And with that, he shifts into a giant black wolf. He attacks me. His claws rake my stomach open again. One of his paws is pushing against my windpipe, cutting off my air supply. He continues clawing me.

I know I am going to die.

I vaguely feel him get off me and head towards the door without a backwards glance.

I listen to the sounds outside. I want to see them kill my so-called pack. Slowly and painfully I eventually manage to get to the window. Black spots make their way across my vision.

I see blood everywhere. There are many wolves lying on the ground, most of which are old members of my pack, which make me weakly smile.

The other pack quickly finishes off the rest of my pack. I hear a howl and turn my head to see Alpha Demitri fall to the ground dead. I pick out Tyler among the fallen too.

I feel weaker by the minute. I am losing too much blood. The darkness tries to overtake me but being stubborn like I am, I try to fight it for as long as I can.

Just as the darkness starts to consume me, I hear a gasp and slowly turn around to see the shocked face of Sarah in the doorway.

"Oh my god, Amber!"

The last thing I see before I die is Sarah's form rushing towards me, and me rushing towards the floor.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry about the short chapter guys.

I hope I got all of the mistakes fixed so if I missed any please tell me and I will fix them.

So why do you think the other pack attacked them? Is Amber really dead? (That's probably an easy question lol)

I am starting school in a couple days so I don't know when the next update will be, but I will try to do it A.S.A.P!!!!!!

Can someone please make me a cover? I would be extremely grateful!!!

So again. Please Comment,Vote, Follow, all that good stuff!!!!!!!!!

Bye my sweets!

Yours Truly,

<3 soccerchamp21