Chapter 2

Amber,s P.O.V

I wake up to an alarm that I set on my old phone. I had to buy it myself with the money that I made with a job that I had as a waitress. I used to do that at night when I didn't have to do anything for the pack. I wouldn't get hardly enough sleep so I would always get beaten for falling asleep or not doing a good enough job on something. I'm thankful that I don't have to do it anymore.

I get up and throw on some clean clothes. Before I walk through the door, I turn back for my phone and see Sarah still asleep on the bed. Shit! I forgot all about her! I hurry over and wake her up.

"Sarah... Sarah wake up."

"W-what?"

"You have to wake up. We're gonna be late."

Her eyes fly open.

"Oh my god!" I can see tears in her eyes."

"No Sarah. Don't cry. They'll only make it harder. Come on. We have to go."

I pull her up and tell her to get dressed. She changes and we go downstairs into the kitchen. I make up their breakfast and set it on the island.

"Remember to not talk back and not look like you're challenging them. Please."

"Ok."

The same people from yesterday come down.

"On time today I see." Tyler sneers. "And you brought your new friend. How're you liking it so far?" He smiles evilly.

Sarah stays quiet.

"No thoughts. Suit yourself."

"Where's my milk?" Claire asks me.

"It's right there." I point to the cup that's sitting next to her bowl.

"I asked for milk. Not an empty cup."

"Sorry," I mutter. I go to pour the milk into the cup when a hand shoots out and grabs my wrist in a painful grip. I wince.

"Don't forget my mate again," Demitri growled.

"I'm sorry, Alpha."

"I'm sorry," he mimics.

"Leave her alone." I close my eyes. Oh Sarah. If only you knew what you just did.

"Oh really. I should leave her alone? And who are you to tell me what to do, Wolf?"

He released my wrist and started towards her.

My eyes fly open. Oh no. He's gonna hurt her badly for this. I go and stand in between him and Sarah.

"She doesn't know any better Alpha Demitri. Please. She just got here. Please don't hurt her."

"You know you're right."

I stop, startled.

"But you know better."

Before I can blink his fist is flying toward my face and I fall back when it makes contact. I see stars. He kicks me again and again as my body curls into itself. He lands a couple more punches before Claire comes behind him and stops him.

"We have to go, babe. We don't want to be late for that meeting."

"Ok."

He gets up and gives one final kick to my chest. There is pain everywhere.

Everyone goes out of the room. I vaguely hear car doors slamming and tires on the gravel. Someone kneels beside me.

"I am so sorry, Amber!" Sarah cries beside me.

"It's...fine. Just... take me... to... the room."

She tries to get me up with as little pain as possible, but it still hurts like hell. I lay down on the bed.

"I still need to do the lawn work today."

"I'll do it."

"Sarah, you don't know what to do."

"Then tell me and I will do it."

I sigh. I am still in agony all over my body. "Fine." I tell her what to do.

"Tell me when you hear people coming, though. I can't be seen laying down."

"Ok." She hesitates for a moment then comes and kisses my forehead.

"I'm sorry, Amber."

"It's not your fault. Ok? Don't think that for another second. Now hurry and go start. The sooner you get done the better."

She nods and leaves the room. I close my eyes and try to block out the pain but before I know it, I fall asleep.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope you like it!! I know it's short but I'm gonna make the next chapter longer. Pleeeeeeeaaaaaassssssse comment...vote.... I would really appreciate it!!!!!

Yours Truly,

<3 soccerchamp21