Chapter 3

Amber's P.O.V.

"Amber..."

What is that sound?

"Amber..."

Who is that?

"Amber! Wake up! They're back!"

Who are they talking about?

Suddenly, the memories come back to me. I quickly sit up in bed. And as quickly as I sat up, I fall back down again.

This sucks.

"Where are they?"

"They're just pulling up in the driveway."

And sure enough, I hear tires on gravel, coming closer and closer to the house.

"Shit!" I hurriedly get up.

"What should we do?" Sarah looks like she is about to cry.

"It'll be ok, Sarah. Just... let me think for a sec."

I try to think of a way to get out of a punishment but I don't come up with anything. I look around the room trying to find something to help. My eyes land on the shears that Sarah used to prune the bushes with. That has a very sharp blade.

Without hesitation, I pick it up and slice my palm with the blade. Blood starts running out of the wound. I look up from my hand and Sarah is gaping at me.

"Come help me."

She quickly closes her mouth and comes over to me.

"What do I do?"

I see a towel that she used to clean stuff with. Thankfully it's not that dirty. I hurry and grab it and wrap it around my left hand. I hear footsteps coming towards my room. Sarah and I exchange a worried glance.

Act natural, I mouth to her. She gives a brief nod before the handle on the door turns and the door opens.

Tyler peeks his head inside and sees my bloody hand. A look of disgust comes across his face. "Clumsy bitch." His head disappears back behind the door and it closes. We let out sighs of relief.

"You are gonna have to make dinner for them tonight, Sarah."

"Ok. What do I make?"

"Just make like... pizza or something. I'll write the recipe down if you need me to."

Sarah shoots me a grateful look. "That would be great, thanks."

We wait for my hand to stop bleeding then bandage it. It will be fully healed by tomorrow morning. When we get done with my hand, it is 6:25.

"You better go start dinner, Sarah. They don't like waiting."

"Are you gonna be alright?"

"Yes. Now go." I give her a small smile.

"Ok." She gives me one last look before she goes to start dinner.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I heard a knock on the door and saw Sarah come in. She came and laid on the bed with me.

"Are they asleep?" I asked her.

"I think so."

"Ok. I have a plan. They have another meeting tomorrow in the next territory, the Night Shadow Pack." (Our pack is the Dark Moon Pack.) "They will leave after they have breakfast. When they leave, we wait for a little bit before we run away. When they get back, it will be late in the evening and we will be long gone." I look over at Sarah and see her looking both thoughtful and hopeful.

"Will it really work?"

"I think it will, yes."

"Then count me in."

We smile at each other.

"Tomorrow." I say.

"Tomorrow."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I put on some athletic shorts and a tank top. I see Sarah out of the corner of my eye wearing the same thing.

"Ready?"

She smiles. "Definitely."

"Remember to not act like something is up."

"I know. Come on. Let's go."

We go downstairs and get all of the stuff set out for the four Weres. They come down shortly after and start eating. They are in a hurry so they don't say or do anything to us. As soon as they are finished they go get the stuff that they need and go. I look out the kitchen window to see their cars driving away.

"C'mon Sarah. Let's clean a little bit out here so they won't get suspicious right away when they get back."

We work for about half an hour before I think that we can stop.

"Ok Sarah. You ready?"

"Yes."

We go out the back of the pack house and sneak into the woods. I change into my wolf and Sarah changes soon after.

Mila, my wolf, has a beautiful coat. It is a grayish-white with flecks of dark brown. Sarah's wolf is a chocolate brown color.

Sarah takes off running, and I follow close behind. The sooner we get to the next territory, the better. I dodge trees and jump over fallen logs, with Sarah going steadily in front of me. I don't know how long we've been running, but my muscles are screaming from the sudden use. We are just about to cross over the boundary between the two territories when a huge black wolf comes towards me and tackles me. Sarah doesn't notice and keeps running. I watch her cross the boundary into the next territory. At least she is safe.

I look up at the wolf that tackled me. He looks familiar. Where have I seen him before...

Oh no.

Alpha Demitri raises his paw and swipes it across my stomach. Pain instantly springs to life and everything goes black...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry for not updating in a while. I've had softball everyday. I hope I got all of the mistakes. Sorry if I didn't!!!!!!!

PLEEEEAAAASSSSSE COMMENT, VOTE, FOLLOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I would REEEEEAAAALLLLLYYYYY appreciate it!!!!!!

Soooooo..... Hope you like it. I will update as soon as I can!!!!!

Yours Truly,

<3 soccerchamp21