Fishy!?

Noah's pov.

I was going through the videos of the preliminary rounds. When I am participating in the fourth round, I should be unique, a record breaker. No matter whatever happens, whoever participates, the title itself is carved for me, just me.

Suddenly something caught my eye on my tab. It was Peter Dawson's race. I played the video from the beginning. He was a tricky guy. He just plays around, make others a fool, and finally comes out with flying colours. I've not heard of this guy at all. I paused the video. I went into the racers portal and typed his name and clicked search. It appeared Peter Dawson. His image wasn't there, so I clicked his history and achievement. To my surprise, his participation in the 'International Bike Race Meet' only appeared. Didn't he participate even in street races? It sounds so awkward. A man directly entering a race meet? Impossible.
I shook my head and typed Paris's name. Wow! She looks angelic in her rider attire. I clicked on her videos. Something was fishy. Absolutely fishy, fishy and fishy!

...

''Hello'' She drives me insane.
''Hey, Paris.''
''What's up, Noah?''
''Felt like talking to you about the race.'' She didn't reply, paused.
''Why me?''
''Cuz you are my friend. Do you mind meeting me in Coffeeco shop around five in the evening.?''
''Uh... I-''
''Don't say no.''
She let out a small laugh.
''No''
''Oh! I am hurt.''
''Noah, i will be right there.''

...

''Hai''
''Hey beautiful.'' I asked her to take her seat.
The waiter came and took our orders.
''Why a sudden invite?'' She questioned me.
''A sudden feeling to meet you.'' She chuckled.
'' Do you talk like this to all girl?" I shook my head in response.
''Only to you" The waiter place our order.
"I was making some mental calculations for the race. I thought I could get some help from you." She cocked an eyebrow.
"The world class racer wants help from me?" I smiled.
"It's not like that. Just a suggestion" she nodded and approved to proceed.
"Um... I just have one doubt. Frankly, your friend and yourself have the same riding style. How is that even possi-"
She cut my statement.
"Why not? We both are friends, we share some tips and techniques. That's all." I sipped my coffee.
" But, your explanation doesn't satisify me."
"Then it's your problem" she shrugged.
" Leave it. Thanks for making my day." She laughed.
She was different, everything about her was fishy, absolutely.

...