24. Mr. Jerk

Friday June 1

Chelsea's P.O.V.

            I'm getting ready for the party tonight when I get a text.  I pick up my phone, which is lying on my bed, and read the message. 

            Are you still going to the party?

            Huh..  Nice Jake.  I guess he's still trying to get me out of going, but he isn't stopping me.  I quickly text him back "yes."

            You can't!  Why would you want to go with that jerk?

            I sigh.  Maybe I should've told him I'm not going, but that would be a lie and I frown upon liars.  Oh well, I guess I just have to deal with this now.

            Look Jake, I already told him I'd go with him.  I can't back out now, you should understand that.

            It's only a few minutes before Jake texts back a response.

            I'd understand if he wasn't a jerk.

            Well, jerk or not jerk he's still taking me, so be nice.

            I'll be nice if he's nice..maybe.

            Just trust me for once, nothing bad is going to happen.

            Fine, but if you get hurt, you can't say I didn't warn you.

            Whatever, Jake.

            I throw on my yellow summer dress and look at myself in the mirror.  I'm not too thrilled that I have to spend the night with David, but how bad can it be? 

            I look at the clock.  David should be hear any minute now to pick me up.  I'm so excited!  I'm definitely going to have a great time tonight!

            The doorbell rings, so I grab my purse and run downstairs.  I throw open the door and smile at David as he leans against the doorway. 

            "Hey, Ginger," he says nodding at me.

            I smile at him.  "Hey, David."

            My parents come up behind me so I introduce them to David and him to my parents.  My parents seem pretty well pleased and David is acting like a perfect gentleman. 

            David chats with my parents for a while before asking me if I'm ready to go and then he offers me his hand.  Like any extremely excited girl, I cheerfully take it and we walk down the sidewalk together. 

            "You're looking very lovely tonight," David says grinning at me.

            "Oh, thank you.  You look very nice too," I reply politely. 

            David and I walk to his house within a couple of minutes and I help him put on the final touches for the party.  The house looks amazing and I can't wait to dance the night away!

            I walk over and sit down on the couch.  There's about 10 minutes before everyone will start arriving.  I watch David carefully as we walks over to a music player and turns it on.  Slow music starts to play.  David moves so he is standing in the middle of the living room and turns to look at me.

            "I don't know about you, but I like what I see.  Want to come over here and dance with me?" he asks me with a cocky grin as he wiggles his eyebrows.

            Reluctantly, I get up and join him.  "Nice pick up line David," I smile up at him.

            He laughs.  "I've used worse, much worse, but I think I'm getting better."

            We slow dance for a little and then all of a sudden he leans in to kiss me.  Oh crap, oh crap!  What do I do?!  If I let him kiss me he might think I'm leading him on and I don't have feelings for him, but wouldn't it be mean if I say no?

            I keep arguing with myself trying to find a solution as his lips keep coming closer.  With a second before our lips touch, I turn my cheek and his lips brush my cheek.  David seems a little surprised at my sudden movement, but doesn't make any comment or acts fazed. 

            We continue to slow dance for a few more minutes before he tries again to kiss me.  I let him kiss my cheek again, and this time he seems a little aggravated. 

            He pulls back from me and stares directly at me, "Is something wrong?"

            "No.  I just think it's a little soon..  I mean we don't really know each other that well."

            "It's because you like Collin, isn't it?" he asks hanging his head.

            "No, no.  It's not like that," I say feeling bad.  I reach out to pat his shoulder, but he grabs my hand and his head snaps up.

            "What?  I'm not good enough for you?" he shouts at me.

            I'm shocked at his sudden outburst.  There are no words to describe how I feel right now.  "N-n-no.  That's not it."

            He pushes me up the wall with quite a bit of force.  "Then kiss me."

           You know how they always say peer pressure is bad?  Well they're right, and that's why I'm not caving into David's wants.  I don't care if he wants to kiss me.  He has to earn the right.

Author's Note

Finally a new chapter!  Sorry I've been slacking, but I've been pretty busy..and lazy..  Anyway, I will get writting a lot more once my time opens up (which should be soon) and once I get back into the swing of things.  Next chapter the party will be in full swing! P.S. I will also be doing some editing for this story.  Thanks for reading this semi-good chapter?  If that's what you can call it....