12. Jocelyn Howe

Thursday May 31

Dan's P.O.V.

            I was just standing there hanging out with the guys when all of a sudden Makayla and Brittany are fighting over me.  Girls from my old school used to flirt and stuff with me, but never have they got in an actual argument over me.  They argue over who I belong to, which is neither of them.  I like a girl who is nice, funny, honest, and all around a good person.  Makayla and Brittany don't have any of those personalities. 

            I tell them if they can't get along, then I won't take either of them.  They start to pout and try to look all sweet and innocent.  Then they start to fight.  Woah.  Two girls are pulling at each other's hair and making each other scream.  Most guys would love to watch this, but I don't.  I grab Makayla and Jake grabs Brittany.  We manage to split them up, but they're shouting swear words at each other while everyone is trying to get them to fight again. 

            Fighting is something I really can't stand.  Why can't we just all be friends?  Makayla and Brittany definitely shouldn't be fighting over me.  Things seemed pretty messed up when two girls are fighting over a guy that only like because they think he's good looking. 

            A teacher walks out into the hall and gets my, Jake, Zack, David, Kyle, and Alex's stories and then send Makayla and Brittany to the office.  I feel kind of guilty.  I know I didn't start the fight or anything, but if I wouldn't have moved here, then neither of them would be fighting over me.  Jake seems to sense my thoughts.

            "Dude.  Don't feel guilty.  You didn't tell them that they had to fight it out to see which one would get to go with you," Jake says patting me on the back.

            "I know.  It's just..  Never mind.  We have to get to class anyway."

            We walk off to class.  I sigh.  Class is going to be pretty boring without Chelsea.  She's always so nice and fun.  Jake definitely has a good choice in girls.

Lunch

            I walk into the cafeteria and sit down with the guys and Jake.  I already heard the news that the principal called Makayla and Brittany's parents and now neither of them can go to the party.  I guess that's kind of good for me because now I don't have to deal with them getting into another fight tomorrow night.  I do still need a date though.

            "So.  I'm still pretty new here.  Who's a nice girl for me to ask to go to the party tomorrow night?"

            "Too late.  The one and only is taken," David says smirking at me.

            "Nu-uh.  You didn't even ask her yet!" Zack shouts at David.

            "Oh come on.  How could you say no to this?" He gestures at his body.

            "Funny you should say that cause I know I would," Kyle snickers. 

            We all start laughing while David just sits there and frowns.  He likes jokes a lot, but not when they're about him.

            "Why don't you ask Jocelwin Howl?" Jake asks.

            "What?  Can you please not talk and eat at the same time?" I ask him while frowning at his lack of table manners.  Mom wouldn't be pleased.

            "Oh sorry." He finishes chewing his food and then responds.  "Jocelyn Howe."

            "Who's that?" I ask looking intrigued.