Chapter 16 ~Kelly~

Kelly

After Gabby and Aria were 'taken', we knew we had lost. All the boys and Hermione were tied up without a struggle, but I put up a fight when they tried to tie me up. Kicking, scratching, biting, punching, hitting, anything I could do to stop them- but it was no use.

We are all tied together with rope. We are forced in a circle, with our hands behind our backs, and they tied all of our hands together, so, for instance, if I wanted to look at Coby, I wouldn't be able to, because he is on the other side of the circle.

After a few hours, that's when we begin to hear the screams. They are terrible screams, echoing of walls and corridors. And there is no mistaking those screams. It's Gabby screaming. I can feel everybody begin to struggle to try and get rid of the ropes, but it's not working.

A few more hours after that, Gabby's screams are silenced, and are replaced by the sound of Aria screaming. We start struggling more, until I manage to get one of my hands free. Because I put up a fight when they tied me up, one of the ropes wasn't tied tight enough.

With my free hand I manage to get my other hand free. I turn around, shaking the ropes free of my hands, and begin to untie Seamus, who is on my left side. As soon as he is free, he begins working on Draco Malfoy as I start on Dean.

Soon enough, we are all free. I press a finger to my lips and we tiptoe around the room, looking for a door or a window. But there is nothing.

Suddenly, I here my name being whispered and look upwards, to where it came from. To my utter astonishment, a trapdoor has swung out of the roof, and Harry Potter is climbing down it.

"Jason and I were trying to escape, and we couldn't reach this trapdoor, so he got angry, and started stamping his feet, and this opened. Come quick," he whispered hastily. We all follow him up the ladder. When we reach the top, I see we are in some sort of corridor.

"He doesn't know it's here," Jason says quickly, when he sees the look on my face. "Trust me. When we came up here there was dust everywhere, and we found a journal from when the castle was being built. It says that one of the builders told him about it, so if they ever needed to escape, here it is. Is also comes with a map."

I grab the map from Jason's hand. "It's in a different language! How are we supposed to read that?" I say with disappointment.

"Here! Give it here!" Hermione cries. She runs her fingers of the symbols and whispers, "It's in Latin."

"Well, that's great and everything, but can anybody actually read Latin, Granger?" Malfoy says snidely.

"I can," Hermione replies. "At the moment, we are above the Dining Hall."

"We were kept in a Dining Hall?" I ask in disgust. "What were they going to do when they needed dinner? Eat us?"

Everybody is silent and I realise it was true. I am gripped with fear.

"Let's move on," says Coby, breaking the silence. We all nod and keep walking. Hermione is in the lead, holding a flashlight Harry gave her over the map.

"Where are we actually going?" Seamus asks.

Hermione answers, "The prison chamber. I assuming that's where Gabby and Aria are being kept?"

Harry gasps. "They have Gabby and Aria?!"

We all nod seriously.

"That's where we were. They'll be in there for sure," Jason answers Hermione's question.

She nods. "Good."

After several minutes (it feels like hours, though), we arrive above the prison chamber. I open the trapdoor a crack and peer through. Gabby and Aria are unconscious on the floor and there is blood everywhere.

I slam the trapdoor shut. "Oh no," I whisper. "They're unconscious and covered in blood!"

"Well, then we have to save them!" Harry shouts.

"Calm down, Harry. That's what we're going to do, mate," says Ron.

"I'll go first," Jason decides. Harry starts to object, but Jason silences him with his hand. "I've been here longest, I know the place best. He opens the trapdoor and begins to climb down. Harry climbs after him, then Dean, then Seamus, then Coby, then Malfoy, then Ron, then Hermione and then me.

Jason and Harry decide to take Gabby up the ladder and Coby and Dean take Aria up. Seamus goes up after them, and Malfoy and Ron soon follow. This leaves me and Hermione down the bottom. I look around the room one last time, and I see a body lying on the floor, way in the other corner of the room.

I gasp.

It's my father.

My father was a gifted wizard with a brain the size of the planet. When I was five, he was kidnapped by masked strangers. My mother told me they wanted to use his ideas to build a bigger army, so they could defeat us. We heard no sign of him for six years, and mum thought he was dead.

As Hermione begins to climb up the ladder, I run over and check his pulse. It's very faint, but it's definitely there.

"Hermione!" I yell. "Quick! Help me over here!"

She looks over to me and scrambles down the ladder. We half-carry, half-drag him over and begin to climb. I get to the top rung and push my father through the trapdoor. I hastily go through after him and shut the trap door with a bang.

There is silence, until Harry says, "Who...who is that man?"

"It's my father," I say, carefully mopping the blood on his face with my sleeve. "He disappeared when I was five. My mum thought he was dead. Turns out You-Know-Who took him so he could use his ideas to make a better army. My dad is really smart."

Jason silently hands over the medical kit he found and has been using on Gabby and Aria. All of their wounds have been bandaged now, and the blood washed off.

I carefully tend to the cuts, bruises and wounds that my father has accumulated over six years. Only when I am done, he begins to stir.

"Where...where am I? What happened?" he says, frantically looking around.

"It's okay, Dad," I say in a soothing voice. "We've rescued you now. You're safe now."

"Kelly?" he says, staring short-sightedly into my face. "It's really you? You rescued me? How?"

"I'll explain when we get out of here."

He smiles. "I can deal with that." He stands up and orders us to all hold hands. "Where would you like to go?"

"Hogwarts!" we all chant.

"Then lets go!" There is a whooshing noise and I can feel Gabby's hand slipping away from mine. Suddenly, we are standing out the front of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.

I look to my left and see Dad smiling at me. "It's this form of transport I invented. A bit like Apparition, except you don't need a wand." I smile back.

I look to my right, where Gabby was when we left. But she's not there. I start to get confused as I look from left to right, and there is no sign of Gabby, or Jason and Harry, for that matter.

I start to panic. "Where are Gabby, Jason and Harry?!" I cry. And thats when I catch sight of the words written in blood on the doorstep right in front of us. Panic rises in my throat like bile as I read those words and the true meaning of them sinks into my brain.

And then there was none.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I hope you liked this chapter, it was in Kelly's P.O.V, which I haven't done before, and sheds a bit of light on her life :)

So, does anyone have any ideas on who should play Coby and Kelly's dad? If you do, please leave a comment!

Writer of the Day: princessharley

Book of the Day: "The Cellar" by princessharley

Next Upload: Either today or Monday

From

Turnip :)