Chapter 6 ~Gabby~

"Ready to go?" called Remus. I haven't told him about meeting Jason and Harry. Even though I trust him, I just don't know him well enough to tell him something that big. And something tells me he already knows I am a triplet.

"Yep!" I call back and gallop down the stairs, my suitcase crashing behind me.

Remus looks up, exasperated. "Was that really called for?"

"Yep!" I announce cheerfully. Remus raises his eyebrows. "What? I'm just excited!" I cry happily.

Remus rolls his eyes. "That's obvious. So, lets go!"

"Where to?" I ask, bouncing up excitedly.

"Platform Nine and Three-Quarters, duh," says Remus. "So clueless," he mutters under his breath.

"What was that?" I ask, raising an eyebrow at him.

"Nothing," says Remus innocently, but his grin gives him away. "OK, Gabby, grab my hand and hold it tight," he instructs. "We're going to apparate to the train station."

"Ooh! Apparition!" I yell in excitement.

"It's not that great, actually. Makes me feel sick sometimes," says Remus.

"Oh, don't be such a pessimist," I scolded him. He smirks.

"So, got your wand?" enquires Remus.

"Yup!" I say cheerfully, holding up my wand. It's 11 and a half inches, made of rose wood and unicorn hair.

Suddenly, we yanked by some great force, and it feels like we are being squeezed through a rubber tube, and I can't breathe, but it's really exhilarating. Finally, it stops when we arrive at a train station.

"Whoa!" I say. "That was awesome! Can we do it again?"

Remus looks at me and bursts out laughing.

"What?" I ask, confused.

"You-you're the one of the only people I know that actually likes apparition!" he chokes out between fits of laughter. "Most people throw up straight after!"

"What wimps!" I say scornfully.

Remus pulls me towards the barrier between Platforms 9 and 10. "Just walk straight through it," he instructs. So I oblige and a few moments later I arrive on a different platform, witha huge sign that says 'Platform 9 and 3/4'

"Wow..." I say in wonder, looking at the shiny black train bearing the words 'Hogwarts Express'.

"It's fabulous, isn't it?" says Remus, appearing next to me. "Now, I really should be going, but stay safe, Gabby, and have a great year!" he says, giving me a hug.

"Bye, Remus," I say. "Thanks...for everything..." He nods, gives me a parting wave and disappears through the barrier.

I can feel the adrenaline surging through my veins as I board the train, and begin searching for a compartment.

"Hey!" says a voice. I spin around. There is a girl striding towards me. She is about the same height as me, with brown eyes and wavy red hair. 

"You looking for a compartment?" she says. I nod. "Come sit with me! I have no one to sit with either!" she exclaims.

I flash her a smile. I can tell I'm gonna like this girl already. We find a compartment and sit down.

"I'm Aria Martins," she says. "What's your name?"

"Gabrielle Potter, but I prefer Gabby," I reply.

Aria's eyes widen. "Gabby Potter? The sister of Harry Potter, by any chance?"

I give a weak smile. "Yes."

"Were you there...that night?" she asks cautiously.

I look up. "Hey, Aria, do you reckon you can keep a secret?"

She looks a little taken aback. "Of course," she replies.

I take a deep breath. "I remember that night. I remember my father running off to hold up him, and telling Mum to take me and Harry and Jason and hide. But Mum couldn't find Jason. Harry and I were trapped in the cot. Then he screamed out two words. It's amazing how you don't realise how much meaning these two words have, how powerful these two words can be. But they weren't just any two words..." my voice drops to a whisper and Aria looks terrified.

"Avada Kedavra."

"The Killing Curse. My dad was killed by Lord Voldemort by the Killing Curse," I say boldly. Aria gasped.

"You said his name!" she says, her eyes widening even more.

I clench my fist. "I'm not afraid. So Voldemort came up to our room and killed my mum. Then her turned to me. 'Gabrielle Potter,' he said. 'Meet your end.' Then he killed me."

Aria looks confused. "But-you're alive."

I smile grimly. "This is my big secret, Aria. I am like a cat, with nine lives. I should've died then, I did die then, but something brought me back to life. I should've died when my adoptive father stabbed me-but I didn't. I should've died when the wound re-opened-but I didn't..."

"Oh Gabby..." whispers Aria, her face filled with admiration. "You're so brave..."

It's funny, I have barely known Aria for a few minutes but already I have trusted her with my biggest secret.

I sit up straighter. "That's what we have to do. We have to learn to put our past behind us. We have to learn to move on."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Again, not much of a cliffhanger. :o

anyway, i dedicatedthis chapter to crazies because the new character is named after her cat :P

ok i'm attempting to put a music video on the side, if it doesn't work, the one that's supposed to be there is 'Iridescent' by Linkin Park. It is all about moving on and stuff.

the ppicture on the side is of Ellie Darcey-Alden who plays Aria in my dream cast :D

anyway gtg now, so vote, comment, fan!

from turnip51 :P