Chapter 9 ~Gabby~

• Dedicated to my bestie from my old school because one of the characters is based on her :D

Gabby

I get used to life at Hogwarts. I attend a variety of classes each day and in free periods, I hang around in the common rooms with my new friends; Aria Martins, Olivia Jacobs, Kelly Ryan, Seamus Finnigan and Dean Thomas.

The people I share my dorm with are Aria, Kelly, Olivia, a buck-toothed girl with bushy hair called Hermione Granger, Parvati Patil, who has an identical twin in Ravenclaw, and Lavender Brown.

My favourite class is by far Charms. It's really fun because we get to do things like make objects fly and that stuff. The Charms teacher is the tiny Professor Flitwick, who is head of Ravenclaw House. The head of Hufflepuff is Professor Sprout, who teaches Herbology and the Head of Slytherin is Professor Snape, who teaches Potions.

I ignore Jason, who is in Slytherin, and is besties with a bloke called Draco Malfoy. The two of them swagger around the castle, acting as if they own the world, while a bunch of Slytherin girls scurry after them, vainly competing for their attention.

Harry's nice though. He was a bit shy after Dumbledore told us that we were triplets, but he's warmed up to me since. His friends are a freckle-faced boy with flaming red hair called Ron Weasley and Hermione Granger, who seems to know everything.

Aria is really nice. She's probably my best friend out of her, Kelly and Olivia. A few days after we started at Hogwarts, she said to me, "Because you told me your secret, I'm going to tell you mine." And in front of my astonished eyes, she turned into a cat and back to a human again.

"I'm an Animagus," she said, laughing at the astonished look on my face. "It means I can change into a specific type of animal, in my case, a cat, at will."

Kelly is also really nice. She has tanned skin, brown eyes and long, straight blonde hair. She is also really sporty. She told me she has a younger brother and sister at home, and a really cute labrador called Mango. She showed me a picture of him-he was adorable! Kelly is probably my second best friend after Aria.

And then there's Olivia. She's kinda out there, not afraid to do anything rash. Sometimes she's a little harsh and mean, like when me, Kelly and Aria didn't want to skip a day of school so we could steal some school brooms and fly around the castle. She has really curly dark brown hair, dark skin and a gap between her two front teeth. I also happen to know she has a massive crush on Jason. Gross? I reckon!

Seamus is Irish, and he has the accent and humour to prove it! Sometimes he is a little harsh as well, but not as much as Olivia. He is kinda short, with sandy-coloured hair and green eyes.

Dean is kinda shy, but once you get to know him, he's really nice. He has black curly hair and dark skin. He and Olivia look like they're related! One of the reasons why I am friends with Seamus and Dean is because once I overheard them talking about Jason, and how full of himself he is and how much they hated him!

I don't really know much about Hermione, Parvati and Lavender. I just know that Hermione's a know-it-all and is friends with Harry and Ron, and that Parvati and Lavender are besties.

On Saturday and Sunday mornings, Parvati and Lavender leave early so they can get the best seats in the common room to get homework, and Hermione leaves early because her two best friends are boys, and therefore sleep in the boys dormitory.

So, me, Kelly, Aria and Olivia get the dormitory to ourselves. Boys aren't allowed to come into the girls dormitory, though girls are allowed in the boys (weird, I know right?) so we meet Dean and Seamus in the common room at ten o'clock.

We usually just sleep in until nine o'clock, and talk. Olivia has to pull out of the conversation early so she can get dressed- it takes her half an hour! It only takes the rest of us about five minutes! I asked her why it took so long.

"Because I have a shower, wash my hair so it isn't greasy, put on makeup to impress the boys, and pick out nice clothes," she replied snappily. "You could do so much." She pointedly looked at my outfit.

I felt a surge of anger. Olivia just annoys me so much sometimes! My hair isn't greasy, I don't wear makeup because it makes me sneeze, and just because I don't wear fancy clothes doesn't mean they look bad!

Aria puts her arm around me. "Don't worry," she says loudly. "Olivia's just jealous because her hair is always greasy and she has heaps of zits so she needs to wear makeup to cover it up." Kelly snorted loudly and I could see Olivia glaring through the keyhole of the bathroom. What Aria said is true, though.

Me, Aria and Kelly walk down to the common room, still sniggering, and leaving Olivia in the bathroom. We find Seamus and Dean in the common room, looking around impatiently.

"Finally!" Seamus exclaims. "You guys took ages!"

"Little Miss Perfect over here was too slow 'having a shower, washing her hair so it isn't greasy, put on makeup to impress the boys, and pick out nice clothes' so we left her behind," Kelly giggles as Olivia comes storming down the stairs.

I have to bite back a laugh. Olivia's hair is styled back with gel, so it kinda sticks up at the back. I suppose it was meant to be elegant, but I'm guessing it didn't work out as she intended.

Dean laughs loudly.

"What?" Olivia hisses.

"N-nothing!" Dean chokes as he tries not to laugh. Kelly starts to giggle again, and I could feel it coming. Oh no! A loud burp escapes my mouth, and I cover my mouth with my hands, looking mortified. This was too much for Dean, Seamus, Kelly and Aria. They all burst into racious peals of laughter.

"You-you're face!" Aria gasps, tears streaming down her face.

Every time Kelly opened her mouth to say something, another fit of laughter overtook her and she fell to the floor, rolling around in laughter. I have to start laughing at Kelly rolling on the floor, unable to contain herself. Several more burps escape my mouth, and we can't stop laughing.

Olivia is the only one who isn't laughing. She stares around, tapping her foot and looking bored.

"Finished yet?" she snaps, after I burp us into silence.

"Sorry, guys. Whenever I laugh, I burp," I admit to everyone.

"Well, that's all very funny and stuff, but can you-" Olivia jabs a finger into Dean's chest."-tell me what you were laughing at?"

"Ummm...nothing."

"Hmph!" Olivia swishes back her hair and stalks out of the room. We all roll our eyes at each other and makes faces behind her back.

After breakfast, we go out next to the lake and lie down. It's really peaceful, with the pleasant warmth of the sun beating down on us. After a while, things get to quiet for Kelly, who always feels uncomfortable in silences, and she starts to tickle Aria.

We all know that Aria is helpless when it comes to tickling. We all join in, and soon enough Aria is laughing so hard that you can't hear her laughing. She squirms around, trying to escape our grasp, and as she rolls onto her back, her shirt comes up a bit, and I see a word carved into the small of her back.

Just one word.

Voldemort.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Da-da-daaaaaaa!!!!!!!!! (dramatic piano music)

That chapter wasn't too exciting at the beginning, so sorry if you got bored, I just thought it would be good to know about her friends and her life at hogwarts.

crazies, even though it isnt dedicated to you it was your idea that Aria turns into a kitty, so thankyou for that idea!! (im sure your kitty would like that if it could read teehee)

the picture on the side is of Madison Pettis, who in my dream cast plays Olivia.

anyways, not going to reveal anymore!!

by the way, in my savanna book, if you havent read it, can you please skip to the chapters called something like COVERS PLZ PICK!!!

they are covers i made and can you please pick which one you like the best and leave a comment? I would mean heapsssss to me

from turnip51 :D