The bridge

"You think this'll work?" Asked Anna apprehensively as we stood clustered around the yellow tube. "I think so" said Bull "these tubes used to be made to dump rubble down onto street level, so I think it can handle us.." He walked over to the edge of the roof to peer over it, he continued confidently "and it ends up on grass so we'll be fine."

Even with Bull's encouraging speech no one wanted to go first so Bull walked over to the tube, looked back at us and said "see ya down there!" Gripping the top of the tube before swinging himself heartily down it. The tube rumbled and shook violently as bull slid down, and a moment later, a small 'thump' announced his landing. The rest of the group looked at each other before shrugging and lining up at the tube. Ray went first throwing himself in similar fashion to Bull, closely followed by Anna who went slightly more cautiously by sitting down and then pushing off. She was then followed by Myles who simply slid into the tube and leant forward, then Geneis and then Kate both jumped in after him.

Then Tyler was leaning into the tube and saying "see ya in a sec Jason!" Sliding down. Not wanting to be left behind I followed closely swinging my self in just as I heard a very loud creaking cracking noise. I heard Tyler yell "FUCKFUCKFUCKFUUUUUCK" and I scrambled for the edge of the tube to try to stop myself but it was too late. I was cascading down the chaotic darkness that was the inside of the tube.

I couldn't see and I was being thrown around the darkness, the tube still cracking and creaking ominously. Suddenly I was blinded again by the sun as abruptly the middle of the tube was missing and I was dangling in mid air, "SHHIIIIIITTTTTTT" was all I could manage as I flew through the air and through a shattered window in the side of the building, a moment later I slammed into the concrete floor.

I groaned loudly as I raised myself off the floor covered in dust and looked up, I had landed inside a room with a single sofa placed at the far end and a doorway next to it. My body ached as I got up and I hobbled over to window to look down. The first thing I saw was the plastic tube dangling in front of my window, broken cleanly in two. And then I heard the rest of the squad calling up to me, "JASON!!" I looked at ground level to see everyone but Tyler stood on the patch of grass. "ARE YOU OKAY?" Called up Ray, "IM FINE" I called back "WHERE'S TYLER?" the whole squad pointed to a point directly below me and I bent over the windowsill to see him sitting there groggily on a extended balcony just below me.

"Hey" he said dazedly up to me, "I musta blacked out for a sec". "Can you stand?" I asked him and he nodded and said "but I can't leave through here the doorway here is sealed shut!". I thought for a moment before saying back to him "I'll throw you a rope, can you lift yourself?", "easily" he countered and he turned to the squad watching anxiously on the ground. "YOU GUYS HEAD FOR THE SUBWAY! WE'LL MEET YOU THERE!" the squad nodded their understanding and then wished us good luck before heading off towards the road.

Tyler then looked back up at me, "you ready Jason?" He asked and I nodded before throwing a length of rope down to him and clipping my end to my belt. "Alright up you go!" I said and I felt the rope tense and Tyler's weight lean on it as I heard grunts from under the windowsill. "You alright?" Called Tyler, "hurry up" I grunted in reply and after another 10 seconds Tyler was clambering over the windowsill.

Tired of the pace I simply pulled Tyler the rest of the way with Telekinesis. He fell onto the floor and rolled over looking at me questioningly, "you're a TK?" He asked looking stunned. I shrugged and said "yeah I guess I forgot about it" and while I was talking I pulled up the rope with TK. "That's amazing Jason!" Exclaimed Tyler "what else can you use?". I sighed before saying "I don't know Tyler but ill find out eventually", he continued to stare at me as wrapped the rope and stowed it in my rucksack.

Feeling slightly awkward I walked towards the doorway saying "c'mon Tyler we have to get to the subway quickly!" And he followed me still staring. We walked through the doorway to come across a collapsed corridor sloping down into another decrepit corridor on the floor below, but as we looked down the corridor we could also see a piece of concrete laying diagonally across our path.