Ambush

The racket got louder and louder as I waited, eyes trained on the entrance to the square. I felt Anna shift slightly beside me and I echoed, trying to get fully comfortable for the ensuing chaos that was sure to come. We all nearly jumped however as a voice suddenly blared on the radio, "this is Charlie" came a gruff voice "we have a visual, and we can confirm 300 plus foot mobiles and several M113's". The voice paused as if observing for a moment before continuing, "we have 2 T-80's with us today" came the voice and I could almost hear the whispers of dismay that came from around the square at that .

"Roger that" came Conrad's voice this time, "Lay low and prepare for the close off". "Roger" countered the Charlie member and he cut off the connection. "Alright hold your fire people until the lead vehicle has been taken out" came Rays voice and a round of acknowledgement sounded off.

The noise of the approaching patrol was deafening now and I resettled myself ready for action.

Closer
Closer
Closer it came until suddenly from the entrance the front of a M113 armoured personnel carrier emerged, tracks squealing as it rolled forward, the olive green paint glinting along with the white letters spelling UEFP adorned on the front. The heads of the driver and radio operator were exposed, the leather cap covered domes poking out of their open hatches, another soldier was also manning the Dshk heavy machine gun mounted on the top. As the M113 rolled into the square it was followed by many soldiers on foot, the olive clad troops walking casually weapons slung, cigarettes in hand. I smirked, call themselves soldiers do they? The troops were followed by more M113's and soldiers before finally a T-80 entered the square, most of its crew hanging out of the various hatches. The second T-80 followed immediately after it, it's crew similarly inattentive. The first M113 had almost reached the end of the square now, when are they gonna shoot??.

From the top of Bravo's building came a flash and a scream of a rocket as Conrad fired a new PAIN rocket launcher, the tongue of flame flying directly towards the lead M113 in a blink of an eye before it slammed into it before any of the UEFP soldiers could react. A deafening explosion sounded and the M113 was torn apart from the inside, metal and flesh combined in punishment as flames lashed outwards. The troops around that APC were flung back, several torn to pieces by shrapnel, others thrown into the air like rag dolls as the concussive force overpowered them. During all of this however everyone in the task force had opened fire the much throatier barks of our new heavier guns sounding from around the square from concealed positions and men dropped in their dozens, uttering loud cries of pain and shock as they brought forth swathes of crimson as our bigger guns tore through their bodies.

Beside me Anna's rifle kicked several times and I saw the crew of the first T-80 jerk and spasm mid-scramble for their hatches, missing half of their heads, a similar fate was met by the second T-80's crew. The UEFP troops had finally grabbed hold of their weapons and were trying to return fire as they dived for what little cover there was, ducking behind rubble and the APC's. Sporadic shots came from them, flying wildly over our heads or slamming into concrete below us. Among the crackle of AK's however suddenly the loud roar of a few DSHK machine guns spoke up and much heavier rounds slammed more accurately around us, suppressing the NATO forces. "Jason!" Shouted Ray over the radio "you're up! Take out the DSHK's now!", "Consider it done!" I countered before drawing away from the roofs edge and running to the centre of the roof.

"Anna, Bull! Get back!" I shouted and the two pulled back waiting for me, and I didn't leave them waiting. With my speed enhanced I ran with all my strength and when I got to the edge I leapt, my speed and enhanced strength sending me soaring through the air. As I began to fall I snapped up my rifle to my shoulder and, with assistance from my exo's targeting system, I buried 5 Lapua rounds in the torsos of 5 soldiers. Finally, with help from my TK, I landed on the middle M113 with the force of 10 elephants, my armoured feet crushing the middle of the APC like a tin can. The man in the turret of the APC screamed as a torn piece of metal sliced its way through his legs as the vehicle crumpled and I silenced him quickly by extending my free left arm and destroying his face with the dual machine gun in my forearm.