Reunion

The two guys continued to hassle me even after I asked them to show me round the hospital to get to know where I would be staying for a while. Well I have been staying here for a while but nonetheless I wanted to know where I could go and what I could do. Ray and Miles continued to snicker as they led me to a lounge, a refreshment room, a canteen, a games room and a library. The constant laughter was grating on my nerves and I was seriously irked by the two guys jokes they kep firing over their shoulders at me about Geneis and Hannah. "Gonna give them a kiss and a hug when you see them?" Called Ray and I just rolled my eyes as they laughed again, jeez these guys cannot just let it go!!

"Ugh" I moaned "I'm gonna go get a drink from the refreshment room so can you guys just bugger off for a moment? You're seriously getting on my nerves!". I shooed the two of them away and they left round the corner still laughing as I turned to walk upstairs to the refreshment room. Finally!! Some peace and quiet! It was great to see those guys but it was still annoying that they kept laughing every 2 seconds, I came to a large open staircase in the center of the corridor and I quickly jogged my way up it, trying to exercise a bit, my hospital slippers slapping against the steps. The jogging caused my side to hurt a bit but not an unbearable amount and in mere seconds I had made it up to the next floor and I briskly walked down the brightly lit corridor, passing various nurses and patients who also occupied the hospital.

Eventually I came up to an open doorway in the side of the corridor that led into a large spacious room that had an entire wall dedicated to foods and refreshment and the interior space was taken up by groupings of sofas around coffee tables. It was a very comfortable welcoming room with a soft scent of coffee in the air and a few other patients were already inside enjoying their beverages while chatting to each other. I headed over to the wall of refreshment, as it was affectionately know as apparently, and reached down to one of the fridges and opened it to help myself to a bottle of that coke drink I liked so much. I opened the bottle and it let out a sharp hiss and I took a long draft from it, enjoying the fizzing sweet liquid. I then perused the cap of the bottle as I began to think to myself, I had been so ready to die but now I was awake again I had a sense of satisfaction nestled in my heart. It felt like something had happened while I was asleep but I just couldn't remember it, but it felt like it had now rekindled my will to live and now I was prepared to do whatever it took to live as long as I could. I smiled to myself, it felt like I would be enjoying myself a lot more from now on.

Suddenly a loud squeal rent the air and I almost dropped my bottle in surprise as me and every other soldier in the room reflexively tensed up for a fight, but just as I turned around I was knocked flat to the ground by a blur of auburn hair sending the bottle of coke in my hand flying through the air as I hit the ground hard. "JASON!!!" squealed Hannah as I struggled to breathe from the death grip hug she was now administering my side throbbing from the impact of her rugby tackle. The other occupants of the room were laughing now and a few were even catcalling as I lay there struggling to say anything. "H...Hannah..." I managed as she continued to hug me "I....Can't...BREATHE!!!" I husked and with a look of alarm she let me go quickly.

I gasped for air and rolled over on the floor as Hannah got off me looking both petrified and delighted at the same time. "I'm so sorry!" she stuttered as I coughed on the floor "But you've been asleep for 3 months and you're finally awake!!". "Yeah.." I croaked as I looked up at her from the floor "great..." and then tried to get up. Hannah hastily bent down to help me up by my arm and straightened me up as I staggered forwards out of the room, clutching my side. "Jeez Hannah" I said to her "Could you not try to kill me next time!!!" but as I looked into her worried face I couldn't help but smile "Hello to you too" I said and Hannah's face broke into a beautiful smile. After that Hannah held onto my arm with both her own as we made our way to my bed.

"How did you find out I was awake by the way?" I asked her after a moment of silence. "Well" she said "I came to your bed to come see you like I usually do but when I got there you were missing! So I found my brother who told me you had woken up and you were somewhere around" she looked up at me, "so I went looking for you!". "Ohh so Rush told you I was awake" I said and Hannah looked surprised "you talked to him?" She asked and I nodded "yeah, he seems like a great guy" I said and Hannah smiled "he's a great brother" she said "he's the only family I have and he's been there for me always".

By now we had reached the corridor with my ward on it and just as we rounded the corner to the ward entrance there was another outburst of cries and I braced myself managing "not agai-oof!!" As now Geneis, Kate and Anna flung themselves on me and Bull came up behind them smiling broadly as I was rugby tackled to the floor by the 3 women. Beneath all the cries however I could also hear two voices laughing raucously, ugh Ray and Myles....

"You're awake!!" Cried Geneis from my chest and I grunted again not being able to breathe or talk but this time from the weight of 3 bodies. The three women laughed lightly and they all clambered out of the pileup we had become and Bull grabbed my hand and pulled me up to my feet, almost dislocating my arm in the process.

"It's great to see you guys" I said somewhat ruefully as I rubbed my side. Hannah noticed this and came to my side, "you okay?" She asked and I nodded, but for some reason Geneis didn't seem to like Hannah talking to me because she suddenly leant forward and pulled me away saying "c'mon Jason!" Glancing over at Hannah with an annoyed look "we need to get you up to speed on things around here!".

Before I could say anything Geneis started to frog march me down the corridor Kate and Anna following closely and Hannah jogging to catch up. I looked over my shoulder to see Bull, Ray and Myles all cracking up leaning against the wall and pointing at me and my last act of defiance before I was dragged around the corner was to extend my hand and flip them the bird.