Chapter 16

“Wake up you fool! You think I don’t get tired of seeing you sleeping out here and hearing you snore like some famished pig ready for the slaughterhouse?! Goodness! What do you think is the year now huh?” when I opened my eyes my whole body felt sore and that I could even taste my own blood from my lips. It was as if I was beaten badly, and when I saw him looking down at me, I believed I was. I slowly sat up, feeling tired and groggy to even argue.

Lune walked away then and sat down across me with his back on the wall. He looked different now from the ‘priest’ he was before. His black hair was finally cut shorter with streaks of red on the sides. His eyes were the same green and he was wearing a pair of tattered jeans and white long sleeves rolled up to his elbows.

“Jeez, now how long will I be taking care of you?” he muttered as he pitched an apple towards me. I caught this in my hand and feeling the hunger rising up, I took a bite and ate the whole of it, not caring who it was from.

“Look, if you’d go about the idea of killing me again, not now alright? Get out of here first and look at you, you don’t look like a human and no way that you’d look like an angel in those filthy clothes” Lune said like he was in a mood for one of his jokes. I believe I laughed at the situation.

“And what about you, you sickening bastard, some holy being who even gave me a favor of beating me in my sleep? I don’t want to believe that you are a coward” I spitted out the words again but when he handed me a bottle of water, I took it graciously. I noticed the torches were still lit up the way it was left there before I fell into my deep slumber. It’s like I could still feel the presence of the three angels like we just did the conversation hours ago. Looking at all the dirt that clung to my clothing and hair, I knew it was not only a day or a week that I stayed there. It could have been months or years.

I remembered Mina. Was she already taken by them? I looked at where she was sealed and yes, she was still there unmoved. I stood up and went towards her again. I wonder when she’d open her eyes.

“Tell me Lune, what exactly do you know about her?” I asked without looking at him. I heard no immediate answer. I heard him stood up as well and felt his presence beside me in an instance.

“Have you fallen in love with her?” it was a question yet I know he was stating it as a fact.

“You are not answering my question”

“Then I assume that to be a yes. Oh, well would it break your heart if I tell you she’s in love with me?” he said and I knew he was teasing. It’s as if he totally knew how to get into my nerves. There was a dangerous glint in his eyes when I looked at him but still his mischievous grin will not be wiped out.

“Mina…sweet little Mina. No, you wouldn’t want to know anything about her. Why don’t we talk about you instead? So tell me, what of the lies that was already given to you by those filthy angels?”

“So you are telling me that they are lying about your sins” Lune laughed at this, well he laughed about everything.

“My sins, what a dear term. No, they might not be lying about it. I am aware of it you know. Thou shall not kill and I have killed. Don’t you think it was too elegant?” he mused. I remembered him standing beside the corpse of Aunt Maggie and I felt the blood boil inside of me but I just clenched my teeth and drew my fist into a ball instead of letting it hit his face. There was a long silence between us after that. I thought Lune to be mad and that it will be no good talking to him then.

“Well then, if you are done memorizing the face of your damsel in distress, shall the white horse take the knight out of here now?” he finally said as he started walking out of the room.