Chapter 9: My Seat, Please

What you think, will Prince Emmet be snooty prince that's needs to be straightened up?

Or will he be something totally different and surprise us?

Read and See:)

~~~~~~~

I couldn't decide if he was furious or what. His look would not revile a thing. You can tell that he was not accustomed to my, oh I guess you would say, sass. He was accustomed to always be in control. I apparently, threw him out of his comfort zone. I sense that he feels he should be infuriated with me; however, he can seem to muster it up. Yes, I confuse him and it's not something he is accustomed too. I would put money on that the only thing is mad about is that I confuse him. I don't blame him, the feeling is mutual. I would also guess, from the intense way he stares at me, that I intrigue him,. It's not my looks or me per say, no it's how I just spoke to him. So, taking that in consideration, I believe my plan worked. Now, he just has to learn how to deal with someone treating him as a person and not a prince. We are just staring at each other at the moment. He obviously is expecting me to tell him, who I am. I'm trying to decide if I want to tell him yet or not. For some odd reason, I am enjoying frazzling him. I know I can be a bit brassy at times, but he seems to invoke a full blown Kylie episode. I don't believe anyone outside of my family has ever done that With that thought, I immediately put it out of my head. Not wanting to analyze that at all.

Hmm did I just see his jaw clinch? Now, that is interesting! If he was a stuck up snooty prince even he would not hold back. There would be no reason for it unless he is wanting something from me. Which at the moment is my name, but why would my name be that important. It's not like he probably couldn't find out anyway. He is a prince after all. He is definitely not happy that I haven't spoken and especially that I haven't disclosed my name. He has been pampered to much, which isn't surprising considering him being a prince and all.

"So, tell me your highness...sorry I'm just not sure what to call you. I'm an American as you have already figured out, I'm sure. What exactly does a prince do?"

The jaw clinched again still holding it back though. I have a feeling there's more than meets the eye with this dude. That cheers me considerably.

"I would be delighted to share with you, my duties, as soon as you tell me by which name you go by."

He spoke this in that delicious accent of his. Oh, it's amazing how an accent can just make your toes curl! He continues,

"I would love for you to call me, Emmet; however, since you will not divulge your name, you can call me Prince Emmet until we are more acquainted.

"You were not there when that old bugger yelled out my name to everyone?"

He lifts an eyebrow with maybe a hint of a smirk..

"No, I was not. I hate I missed that pleasure."

I snort, which makes his eyebrow go up more, if that's even possible. I really didn't mean to snort but what can I say, he is getting the real me, so why hold back.

"I see."

I ponder for a second then continue,

"Well, why exactly did you have me dragged here? Apparently, not for food which is a shame I'm quite famished. I mean, I'm pretty sure that everyone else is enjoying their meal by now. Honestly, it's actually quite rude to make me wait any longer."

He tried to hold in a chuckle but couldn't. He holds his arm out for me to take it. I guess, he wants to escort me the five steps to the table. I get a nervous feeling at the thought of touching him, so I just walk off leaving him standing there. I turn around with a smirk of my own,