Ch.22: Decisions

Third POV

It has been raining ever since Sasuke had left. It felt like even the skies were upset.

Serena had woken up a couple of days ago. She was still in the hospital sustaining her injuries. Everyday she would just stare out the window. Her eyes became blank. No emotion. None.

She couldn't eat. She couldn't sleep, as nightmares haunted her.

Tsunade visited her everyday to try and cheer her up. But nothing.

She sighed. She thought of one person that could fix her. Naruto. He had had finally woken up and was in a sad state also. But he was doing better than Serena. He believed that he could bring Sasuke back.

He decided to visit her. KNOCK KNOCK. No answer. Naruto poked his head and saw her sitting by the window sill in a hospital gown. He frowned.

She was looking paler, and her face had narrowed to see more cheekbones. He looked to the right and saw her food untouched.

Serena's POV

I felt alone. Nothing completed me anymore. My heart was aching. It pained so much that I couldn't do anything about it. I just kept thinking about his words.

Sasuke Uchiha. The boy who stole my heart. He made me complete. I trusted him, just like how I trust Naruto. With everything. He made his way into my life. He made it so much better. I had people who cared about me, but he was different.

I enjoyed spending time with him. Our kisses and hugs always made my day. I worried for him. Did he worry for me? No. He hates me now. He's a heartbreaker. An avenger. He only wants revenge. That is the thing that he will always want.

He lost his light. Consumed by darkness. Evil. He chose his path. A path to get strong. Not a path filled with love, caring people, happiness, and a home.

I felt like I was in a state of depression. Stupid stupid me. How could I let someone just break me like this. But it hurt. So much.

I had to be stronger. For myself, for my parents, for.. Naruto. I promised that I would always be there for him and his happiness.

I couldn't even do that. I couldn't bring him back. I was useless.

Third POV

"Serena?" Naruto softly called out. She glanced at him. Her eyes lit up a bit. She softly smiled at him and wiped her tears.

"Hey Naru-chan." she said all cheerful. "How are you??" Naruto frowned. He didn't like this side of Serena.

"Fine. Just got released from this hospital. I'm going to be leaving to train with Pervy sage in a couple of days." he said.

She fake smiled at him. "That's great! I'm so proud of you." Naruto went towards her and hugged her from behind.

"Stop this Serena. This isn't you. Stop fake smiling at me. Let it out. Just let it out." he said.

Serena couldn't handle it anymore. She burst out into tears into his chest, as he held his arms around her. She shook her head. "I-I can't! Naruto! It hurts soo much! I loved him. I loved him with all my heart. Now it's in pieces. I fee like, like, I c-can't b-breathe anymore!" she sobbed.

"Serena! Get a hold of yourself!" Naruto yelled.  "Where is that Serena who smiles at the littlest things. Where's that Serena whose eyes light up with happiness when seeing chocolate or sake? Where's that Serena who has a temper worse than her mother? Where's that Serena who reads Icha Icha? Where's that Serena who said that she will protect all the ones she cares about? Where's that Serena....that I want to see everyday? Where's that Serena who was my first friend? Where's that Serena who always cheers me up? I want THAT Serena!" he exclaimed looking straight into her eyes.