Ch. 5: Journey to the Land of Waves

Serena's POV

We had just completed capturing Tora the cat and were bringing her back to the Feudal Lord's wife.

"Ohhh! My poor little Tora! Mommy was so worried about you little fuzzy kins.. yes!!" Madam Shimiji yelled out squashing Tora into her breasts. I went behind Naruto and rested my head on his shoulder to keep me from laughing out loud. It was too funny.

"Haha! That kitty deserves to be squashed!" Naruto laughed. "No wonder he ran away..." Sakura said. I just crossed my arms and put my weight on one foot. 

"Now then, for squad 7's next mission, we have several available... babysitting, shopping.."   "NO!!" Naruto yelled while crossing his arms in an 'X'. " I want to go on a real mission!! Something challenging and exciting. Not this little kid stuff! Come on, old man!"

He's got a point. The others thought. " HOW DARE YOU! YOU'RE JUST A BRAND NEW GENNIN!" I zoned out and then back in.

"Are you serious?! Babysitting is not a mission it's a STUPID C---" Kakashi bumped Naruto's head.

"CHORE!" I finished. The others looked at me. "I couldn't agree with him more. Come on gramps! Pleaseee!!" I showed him the puppy dog eyes.

He looked at me and sighed. "Fine." Iruka was shocked that he agreed so easily. "B-but Lord Hokage, are you sure?"  "Naruto, since you want to prove yourself and that Serena has given her puppy eyes, I will assign Team 7 a C-ranked mission to be escorts."

"Who are we escorting? A princess? Some counsellor?"  "Send him in." I smirked knowing who exactly will be stepping through the door. You could smell the Sake a mile away. But that was fine with me since it was my favorite drink.

"What the... a bunch of little snot nosed kids?" Tazuna exclaimed holding his bottle of liquor. "And you the little one with the idiotic look on your face, you really expect me to believe that you're a ninja?" I mentally laughed.

"Hahaha, who's the little one with the idiotic look on his face...?" We all lined up. First was Sasuke, then me, Sakura, and then followed by Naruto.

"He means you Naru-chan." I stated obviously. "I'll DEMOLISH YOU!!" He yelled. Kakashi grabbed a hold of his collar.

"And you... the other blonde girl. You expect me to believe that someone who looks like you, can protect me? ha!" he exclaimed drunk.

Third POV

The Hokage and Kakashi froze. They knew she had a temper, and staying with Tsunade made her temper worse.

Serena smirked at the old man. She walked up to him slowly but like a fox. She grabbed his collar and brought him down to her height. "You might want to watch what you're saying old man. You shouldn't insult the ones who will protect you. Besides I'm sure you don't want me to spill on the secret ninjas that are after you..." She stepped back and smiled sweetly. "Isn't that right?" she asked in the most menacingly way, but disguised it with a innocent look.

Tazuna gulped and nodded frantically, afraid of her bipolar personality. The others looked at Serena, confused to what she would have said to make him so nervous.

"My name's Tazuna, a master bridge builder, and I expect you to get me their safely." Kakashi nodded and told the 4 to meet at the front gate in an hour. Serena stayed in the room, after everyone left. She was facing away from the others.

"Gramps," she called out. "You might want to change this C-rank to at least an A-rank." Gramps looked at her confused but nodded none the less. "And also don't charge him extra. The Land of Waves is a poor country for right now. " Then she just left.