Ch.8: Final Battle

Serena's POV

This is it. We were heading towards the bridge. I saw bodies bloody and littered everywhere on the ground. "Wha-what happened here?" Tazuna exclaimed.

I knelt down and touched my fingers on the ground. I felt a tingling sensation. I stood up. "They are still alive, just unconscious." I stated. "How do you know?" Sakura asked.

"I can feel their chakra. It's faint, but it's there." Kakashi nodded. "Get ready they're here." We all got into a fighting stance. Mist started fogging my vision. I heard footsteps coming.

"Ahh Kakashi. I see you still have the brats with you including the princess." Zabuza appeared. I huffed in anger. I looked to Zabuza's right. "Hello Haku."  "Hello Serena, it's nice to see you." he replied. I gave him a smile.

"You know each other?" Kakashi asked. I nodded. "We met in the forest and had a lovely chat." I couldn't see Haku's expression behind the mask.

"I see that brat trembling." Zabuza pointed to Sasuke. I looked at him and smirked. "I'm trembling...with excitement." he had his kunai ready. "Go for it Sasuke." I told him. He looked at me and smirked. "Serena you stay here and protect Tazuna." Kakashi said.

"WHAT?! Why?? I protested. "Let me go help Sasuke!" he shook his head. I growled but let it go.

Haku and Sasuke went off to the side to start their battle. Be safe Sasuke. I mentally prayed. Crystal mirrors surrounded them. Kakashi ran to stop Haku, but Zabuza flashed in front of him.

"If you want to stay in this fight, you fight me" he said. Kakashi and Zabuza started their battle.

"This is so annoying! While those two are having fun fighting, we're stuck here guarding this old geezer!" I grumbled with arms crossed on my chest. Tazuna glared at me. "And what do you mean by that!" I ignored his question.

Haku was throwing ice needles at Sasuke through the mirrors. He was dodging nicely but some still penetrated through. I was growing anxious. I bit my nails in order to stop myself from screaming in worry.

The battle was just like the anime, but one thing was happening differently at the moment. Haku was coming out and having a head to head battle with Sasuke. He threw more needles from the mirror. Sasuke doubled over in a bit of pain. I saw Haku sneaking behind him. This is not good!! I don't care what Kakashi says I'm going! I started running towards the mirrors, ignoring Kakashi's and Sakura's protests.

Haku was coming out of the mirror and was about to stab Sasuke in the back with his arm. My eyes widened and I ran faster.

"SASUKEEEEE!" I yelled out! I jumped right behind him letting Haku's hand go through my back and out of my front.

I was frozen wide eyed. Sasuke shot his head up and turned around to look at me with Haku's arm sticking out.

Third POV

Sasuke looked at Serena behind him in horror. He didn't expect her to come and save him from Haku. "Serena..?" he quietly called out. "Serena... SERENA!" he yelled out her name. Haku took his hand out of her body and stepped into the mirrors.

He had a guilty expression behind his mask, that couldn't be seen. He admired how she saved someone precious to her by sacrificing herself. He watched over the scene in front of him.

Sasuke caught Serena before she fell to the ground. He laid her down gently. She was breathing hard, trying to inhale as most oxygen as she could.

"You idiot!" Sasuke screamed at her. "Why did you do that!? Why did you have to save me! Your such an idiot." As Serena was laying, she felt hot tears come down on her face. She flickered her eyes open just to see Sasuke over her. She smiled softly at him.