Chapter 30: Gates

Sasainako turned away from her approach towards Kakashi in anger.

"How the hell did you get through the gap?!"

I put my hands on my knees as I took several deep breaths, "There is a small river leading into the valley from the southeast."

Shikamaru shook his head. "No, you both are only thinking about this from the ground. We flew in on the backs of Sai's birds."

Duh! Of course you'd enter through the air. I should have thought of that. It's my job to think about stuff like that so how on earth had it slipped my mind? I really must be getting soft.

Sasainako huffed, "Well it really doesn't matter now. You have entered the compound, and I'm not letting any of you leave unless you're dead or under my control."

Naruto put his hands on hips, "I'll take you down no sweat, creepy-eyed lady."

Shikamaru shook his head with a sigh, "Naruto, focus. Look at how beat up Kakashi-sensei and Kaiyo are. She must be a troublesome opponent."

I glared at the enemy, "No, more like nuttier than squirrel poo and super sadistic."

Sakura's hands started to glow green as she turned to look at me, "Here, I'll heal you. Naruto, cover me."

A column of wood shot out of Yamato's hand between Sakura and I as Sasainako shook her head, "I'm sorry, but I'm not going to let you destroy all of my hard work."

The eyes of our back-up widened at Yamato's block of wood as the jounin started to attack them.

"Captain Yamato, what the hell?!" Naruto squealed out as a pillar of wood went through where his head had been.

"I'm really sorry, but I'm not in control of my body right now."

Shikamaru narrowed his eyes, "I don't like how much this reminds me of the reanimated shinobi from the war."

Naruto, Sakura, Sai, and Shikamaru started to engage Yamato, but it wasn't going too well. They were being very careful and trying to avoid hurting him too much even though Yamato was telling them to do whatever they needed to protect the Leaf.

I tore my eyes away from the battle as Yamato shouted instructions on how to subdue his attacks while Sasainako was charging Kakashi who had taken a slight defensive stance in preparation.

While I can do some fire and earth ninjutsu, taijutsu has always been my specialty. I took a deep breath and did something that I hadn't for over a year because my doctors told me that the strain that it puts on my body could damage my hip beyond repair. However, I would rather not die so I decided to take the risk.

I focused on the chakra located in my forehead, "First Gate, Gate of Opening!" I felt all of my body's restrictions on my muscle movements disappear. I focused again, "Second Gate, Gate of Healing!" I was no longer tired. Opening up the Second Gate is like downing five cups of very strong coffee. The energy that it gives is incredible. But if only I could open more than just two gates... Ah well, it's not like I can change that in the middle of a battle.

I ran at Sasainako. The pain from my hip was unbearable. The pain from my muscles literally pulling themselves apart with the force that they were moving with was unbearable. But I shut it out. This was nothing compared to what that psycho had put me through, and I was going to give it back to her tenfold.

A/N: I cannot take credit for "nuttier than squirrel poo." It's how Rita Skeeter describes Bathilda Bagshot in the seventh Harry Potter book, and it is my favorite way of calling someone crazy.