Chapter 7: The Mission

Kakashi rubbed his eyes in aggravation, "Now that Naruto's finally left, what do you make of the report?"

"I would like to see the official file for scroll number 24601. The file said that it's a genjutsu scroll, and a very dangerous one at that. For it to have a file number, it must have been involved with something before in the past, and I want to know what before I can come up with any plan of action."

Kakashi nodded, "If you come with me, we can head to the record room right now."

I followed him, and Kakashi flicked on a light switch, revealing the shelves and shelves of scrolls and files.

Kakashi chuckled, "This room will always remind me of the time that I broke in here while I was in ANBU."

"You broke a rule?"

He scratched the back of his neck, "Well, yes. I was curious about something, but when Lord Third caught me, he really didn't mind. In fact, he gave me the files that I was looking for to read."

"And did you find what you were looking for?"

"Yep."

I found the proper shelf, "Let's see... 23009... 24498... 24556... Ah, here it is, 24601."

Kakashi took the scroll from my hands and channeled his chakra into the seal, "Release." He placed it on the table. "Let's see."

I walked up and stood next to him so that I could read it as well. Great, it was another ANBU report.

Level 1 Security Clearance

ANBU report #24601: Kisei Genjutsu Scroll

Danger level 5/5

Classification: Forbidden Jutsu

Creator: Danzo Shimura

Specs: Slowly takes over consciousness turning victim into pawn for the caster, impossible to break unless caster is killed. Mixture of Yamanaka Mind Transfer jutsus, curse marks, sealing formulas, and genjutsu. Exact formula destroyed to prevent replication.

History: The Kisei Genjutsu was created illegally by Danzo Shimura, but sealed away by the Third. Due to its classified nature, no charges were pressed. Four years after its creation, the scroll was stolen by the Taihi Ittai, an organization of rogue-nin; leader unidentified. Recovery mission lead by Sakumo Hatake's Team Fang: Sakumo Hatake, Etsuo Hagane, Nori Kimura, Hideo Takahashi.

Mission status: failure. Hagane, Kimura, Takahashi taken captive by the Taihi Ittai and Hatake abandoned the mission for their recovery.

Fourth ANBU Recovery Squad sent to retrieve scroll after failed mission. Were caught in the genjutsu and turned against village.

Third team sent for recovery, Ino-Shika-Cho: Inoichi Yamanaka, Shikaku Nara, Choza Achimichi.

Mission status: success. Scroll recovered, but the genjutsu on Fourth ANBU Recovery Squad could not be broken since the jutsu caster was never found, unit was eliminated by teams Fang and Ino-Shika-Cho. KIA during battle: Etsuo Hagane- kunai wound, bled out before medical unit arrival; Hideo Takahashi- beheaded by ANBU short-sword. Village sustained heavy losses, majority of Taihi Ittai eliminated and labeled: exterminated threat, scroll was resealed in tighter security compound: Fifth ANBU Facility. Do not remove or unseal under any circumstances. Leader of Taihi Ittai may still be at large.