Chapter 22: Imprisoned

The back of my body was damp and cold when I woke up. As I opened my eyes, the whole side of my head felt crusty as the dried on blood shifted with my movement. It was so dark that it took a couple of seconds for my eyes to adjust.

"Oh, look who's awake."

I turned my head towards the noise, but I couldn't see the source.

"W-who are you?" I croaked out of my parched throat.

"Hm," The smooth, female voice purred out. "Maybe we should shed a little light on the subject then, don't you agree?"

With a click, the switch was flipped on, causing a bright light to glare out of the ceiling and completely blinding me.

I tried to bring my left hand up to shield my face, but I discovered that my wrists were secured to whatever it was I was lying down on.

My eyes watered and burned as they slowly adjusted to the new light, my pupils narrowing down into tiny pinpoints.

There was a woman standing over me. She appeared to be about my age, but her voice was much older sounding. She had flowing, blood red hair that pooled around her shoulders, and she was wearing an intricate kimono of the same color of red as the rest of the Taihi Ittai's forces. The most disturbing part, however, were her eyes. They were a dull yellow-green. Completely flat and bland, and had no pupils visible. They were just a solid color, and I could have sworn that I had seen them somewhere before.

She gave me a sick grin, "Hello girl, I'm Sasainako Fukushu, and you must be Kaiyo Nakahara, the daughter of Nori Kimura. You know, I once held Nori in this very same room twenty-five years ago, but she never got the honor of seeing me in person."

She walked closer, and I looked up her nose from my position strapped down to the strange bed that I was on.

I took a raspy breath, "I'll never tell you anything, you might as well kill me first."

She laughed, but it held no amusement, "You think that I took you for information, girl? I don't need anymore intel on your village or had you forgotten that I have two of your ANBU plus the wood style user under my genjutsu?"

"So why am I not under your jutsu too, then?"

"Because I want to have a little fun first."