Chapter 20: Kisei

I had not loosened my grip on Kakashi's hand as we walked, and based on how tightly he was holding onto my right hand in return, I could only assume that he was just as anxious as I.

"Yamato," I called out. "Where are we going? I thought that you had a jutsu to show us."

He smiled, "Oh, it's really destructive so I want to make sure that we are far enough away from the village."

That logic put my mind at ease the tiniest bit.

"Here we are. This should be far enough away."

Kakashi sighed, "This had better be good for the amount of build-up its had."

Yamato clapped his hands together in the sign of the snake and a wooden bench pushed up out of the ground.

My eyes widened, "Is that wood style? I had heard rumors of a jounin with that ability, and apparently they're true."

Kakashi looked down at the bench in confusion, "Um, Yamato, you realize that you've been able to make benches like this for years, right? It's not exactly the kind of jutsu that could wipe out the village."

"No Senpai, that's not the jutsu that I came here to show you. Take a seat." With a shrug, we plopped into the newly created bench, and my hip was thankful for the respite.

The moment that I had gotten comfortable, wooden restraints shot out of the seat wrapping around Kakashi and I.

"That was the jutsu that I wanted to show you. See, it really was capable of destroying the village." Yamato smirked, and the look on his face made him look nothing like the Yamato that I had met before.

"What's going on?" I breathed out.

Kakashi let go of my hand, " I never would have thought that they'd be able to take you, but you're under the Kisei Genjutsu; aren't you, Yamato?"

He tilted his head to the side with a cruel smirk, "So you finally figured it out, huh?"

"Yes."

Purple lightening erupted from Kakashi's hands, demolishing the wooden bench that had restrained us as ninja began to emerge from the shadows surrounding our clearing. They were wearing deep red, tight clothing that came up so that they had masks like Kakashi's attached to the neck. Above the masks, they had on round, black goggles that made them look like insects, and there was no way to distinguish their faces. Based on their body types, they were a mixture of both males and females, but they all had the same cropped hair.

Yamato spread out his hands with a mad grin, "Lord Hokage, allow me to introduce you to the Taihi Ittai."