Chapter 29: I Found Your Notes

Yamato looked around with wide eyes, "Where the hell am I?" His gaze passed over Kakashi and my pitiful states. "What is going on?"

I stared at him with equally shocked eyes, "You mean that you don't remember a thing?" I looked at Kakashi, "Did you somehow break the genjutsu just by calling him 'Tenzo,' whatever that means?"

He shook his head, "I don't know."

Sasainako laughed, "Do you really think that it would be that simple to release my hold on him? Hm, you can't know this seeing as you never got the chance to read the actual jutsu scroll, but sometimes strong stimuli from someone's past can jolt them awake, so to speak. But, I am still the one in complete control."

With a look of terror in his eyes, Yamato charged against his will.

"Kakashi, Kaiyo, duck!"

But there was no way the we could move out of the way in time. I took a deep breath and clapped my hands together while interlacing my fingers causing a wall of earth to erupt in front of us, slowing down the thick mass of wood coming at our faces just enough for Kakashi to haul us out of the way.

I was shocked by how much that one jutsu had tired me out. Ninjutsu had never been my forte, but still, I should not have been that winded after a single, basic earth style move. Yamato turned and faced our new location, and I started to analyze everything that I could. Yamato had two natures that created his wood style kekkei genkai: water and earth. That was not a good combination for me. I have two natures that I can use: fire and earth with fire being the dominant of the two. Fire is weak to water and our earth affinities would cancel each other out giving Yamato a distinct advantage in a battle of ninjutsu. I was in no state for a battle of taijutsu. And then there was Sasainako. I had no idea what her abilities could be, but I had a feeling that they'd be very troublesome.

I breathed heavily, "I don't know how many more times I can do that. I'm sorry."

Kakashi swore, "If only I still had my sharingan, then I could use the chidori and finish this quickly. Neither of us are in any shape to fight an all out battle right now."

Yamato charged us again, and Kakashi threw me to the side out of harm's way and then barely managed to dodge it himself. I staggered on my dud hip and bit the inside of my cheek to try to take my mind off the excruciating pain.

I took another step to balance myself and felt my mouth fill with warm blood as I bit down even harder with the pain.

Yamato sent another attack my way as Sasainako began to stroll over to Kakashi. I clapped my hands together to make a second defensive wall, but I wasn't able to focus my chakra fast enough when my body rolled out of the way of its own accord right before the deadly attack reached me.

"Shadow Possession Jutsu complete."

I turned and saw Shikamaru's shadow snaking back to the ground under his feet. Standing next to him was Naruto, Sakura, and Sai.

I looked at them in relief, "How on earth did you guys get in here?"

Shikamaru smirked a little, "I found your notes and from there it wasn't that hard to formulate a plan."