A Looong Talk

I just woke up from a nightmare when I realized I slept beside the man. He was still sleeping like a baby. I went to the kitchen and checked for some food but found nothing. My stomach was rumbling. I just drank some milk from the cabinet. I was refreshed and good thing my stomach stopped rumbling.

I took the milk's container to return it to cabinet when suddenly a note fell to the floor. It was sticked to the container. So I picked it and read what it said:

                    Hey Kim! I saw that there was no food left so I went to the grocery store. Take care of him. I'll be back in an hour.

                                                                                                                                                 Love,

                                                                                                                                                 Alex

 A grocery? Was there a grocery store in this place? Maybe. I better not underestimate this town.

I went out the kitchen and saw the man trying to stand on his own. He was still weak, making him fall to the floor instead.

"Hey, you're not strong enough to stand." I complained. He was silent. I took his left arm around my neck and let him sit on the sofa.

I asked him if there was a grocery store in this town.

"It was there in the other town. Just a few kilometers away."

"Oh, I see. Alex left to buy some food. We have no more food supply. Only the milk."

I gave him some milk to be refreshed. While he was drinking, I thought, I can get this chance to be alone with him, and to know all the secrets surrounding us.

"So, why did you leave when I told you about my dream? Something wrong?"

"No. Nothing."

"Please tell me. Stop being secretive. You're too much. You have to tell me about these happenings."

"Sorry."

"Please tell me now."

"I was shocked by your dream."

"Why?"

"It describes the ghost town accurately."

"No way? You're kidding."

"No, I'm just telling you now."

"Wow. I can't believe it."

"You have to. Your dream is your guide but not all the time."

"Hmm." I was very speechless. I didn't know what to answer. This was getting odd.

 "Can you tell me what happened to my parents that night? Please tell me everything okay?"

"I think, you're old enough to carry all the things I'm going to say."

He sat straight and started talking.

"While you were about to sleep, I sprinkled golden dust to you so you won't be able to hear our converation. We talked about the ghost town. They told me that some of the scientists were in their too. I told them that even if their friends are trapped, they could never get them back. I was convincing them but they would never listen."