The Search

"Alex you're awake!" my vision was cleared and I saw Alex was there. I hugged her tightly, as if we hadn’t seen each other for years.

"Why are you sleeping here? And you're screaming like someone's scaring you."

"I think I fainted."

"Why? What happened? Are you okay?"

"Yes, yes, I am. Have you seen Trevo-, I mean the man?"

"No, that's why I am searching the whole house to find both of you."

"Oh. Let's find him. And btw, he made some soup for you."

We went to the kitchen and ate together to regain our strength. I pulled out the bowls and cups from the cabinet. I poured the soup to our bowls and quickly ate it. After that, I took all our weapons and secured it in our bag. When we were all set packing our things and changing our clothes, we rushed to the door and locked it.

"Where do we go first?" Alex positioned her backpack.

"I don't know. I have no idea."

"Uhmm, you've been chatting while I was sleeping, right? Did he mention any possible place that--"

"Yes."

"What place?"

 "The forest."

 "The forest? Are you kidding me?"

"Let's go now before we lost him!"

We ran to the direction of the forest. The forest emitted the earthly smell. It looked unharmed and peaceful. The breeze was just perfect for campers or travelers. We searched for some signs but saw none. We continued walking and waited for anything to happen. It was getting dark and we pulled out our flashlights.

Suddenly, Alex held my hand and stopped. She pointed the flashlight to the ground. I saw some leaves covering something familiar. I removed the leaves and saw Trevor's purse!

"He could be somewhere." Alex said

We ran carefully through the woods, hoping to see even only Trevor's shadow. I held the purse tightly since I was having a very bad feeling. Maybe something bad happened to him? We had to find him before we lost him. He was our only hope to get our parents back. He was the only one who can stop these madness.

"Aaaaaaaahh!" A shout! That was the shout produced by Trevor from my dream.

"It's him!" I cried.

We ran and followed his agonizing scream. We nearly got tripped because of the twigs and rocks on the ground. I was holding Alex' hand tightly, being afraid to let go. I didn’t want any of us to be left behind and lost.

Whooooooooosh

Great wind was blowing. I stopped running. I was stunned. I couldn't move because of the scene. I couldn't believe it can really happen.

"Stop." I exclaimed.

"Why? We have to follow him!"

I didn't answer her back. I just held her hand tighter and tighter.

I saw a huge tornado, and inside it was the man floating very high. Blood was oozing from his ears. His face turned red. Tears were falling down his cheek. And the terrible things was, his scar was glowing!

"Tell us where the girl is, or we will tear you into pieces!" several voices were muttering, I can't tell if the voices were coming from a human, creature, evil spirit, or... a demon. The voices were hoarse, scary and deafening.

"Let go of him!" I shouted to the top of my voice.

"There you are!" the voices said, as if satisfied.

"Kim, what's the matter with you? Who are you talking to?" Alex asked in a confused voice.

"I can't see them. Don't you see the tornado?" I answered her quickly.

"Huh?" she was clueless of the happening in front of us. I realized she couldn't see nor hear the scene. I pushed her backwards.

"Kim! Run with your sister. They are invisible and they’re running towards you!" The man warned.

"No, I wouldn't without you!" I answered him loudly.

I could feel a circular wind forming around me, until they captured me like a snake's prey. I couldn't release my body. Then my feet can no longer touch the ground, it lifted me meters away the ground. I shook and shook but the grip became tighter. I was struggling with my breathing, but can hear Alex yelling and panicking.

"Let go of her! She is not the girl in the prophecy!" The man shouted.

"What prophecy?!" I asked in a weak tone.

"She is! I can sense her aura!" the voices said.

"No! She doesn't have the talisman." The man added

Something grabbed my ponytail downwards causing me to look up. I thought it would slice my neck. Then something grabbed my legs again and turned my body upside down. They shook my body as my stuffs fell down ----  daggers, flashlight and other stuffs.

A moment later, I fell to the ground, same as the man. Alex ran towards us with teary eyes.

"Thank God you're free! Are you okay?" Alex cried.

"Not so. My hair and legs hurt. Wait, where is he? Have you seen him?"

"Who? The man? He was there lying. Please try to get up."

"I am. Let's help him."

We ran to him and I held his shoulders. His ears are still bleeding and his scar stopped glowing.

"Hey, what happened to you too? Why are your ears, bleeding?" Alex asked

"Later. I can't tell you now." he seemed to be very tired.

"By the way, are we safe now?" I asked him instead

"Yes they already got away. But no time to talk, they might come back any minute now."

"Good. Sis! Please help me lift him."

We lifted the man together with his arms on our shoulders. We walk the whole night and used the flashlights as our guide. We were fearing the dark forest because of the howling wolves.

When we got home, the man threw his body to the sofa and slept directly. Alex told me to sleep now for me to get my energy back. She was still weeping but I comforted her, telling her that we were already safe and still breathing. She smiled to me sweetly and I did the same.

"Go on sis, I'll just take care of him. You can fix our bed and sleep. Sweet dreams!" I said.

"Sure Kim, but don’t you think it’s better that I cure the two of you? You’re all wounded and weak.”

“I am fine. Don’t worry about me. I just got a minor fall.”

“If you insist. After you applied the first aid to him, go to me immediately and I'll cure your wounds and cuts."

"I will sis."

I took the first aid kit and pulled the tissue. We got some cuts from falling meters away the ground. But he took more damage than I did. I put some bandages to cover the cuts. I nearly forgot his bleeding ears. I wiped out the flowing crimson blood. I felt sorry for him. Why were they hurting him? I don't think he deserved it. And who were those invisible creatures?

One thing struck my mind. The prophecy. I couldn't understand and I am so clueless. What talisman? Who is the girl? What is the prophecy about?

I wanted to wake him but, I think I knew I shouldn't. I just stopped thinking of the crazy day. I just planned to talk to him tomorrow. This was a pretty deadly, or just dangerous, day for us. Thank God we still survived.

I touched my neck to feel my mom’s presence and comfort through my locket. I was going to pull it in front of my face, but it wasn’t there.