The Hut

It was already eight o’clock in the morning. I was still shaking because of the nightmare. My eyes were immense. I touched my face thinking there was a scar or a blood dripping. Good thing there was none. I looked around the house and to my sister.

The man went near me and asked what happened. His face was so curious and he was eager to know it. I didn’t hesitate to tell him about my dream. Everything.

He said nothing. We hushed and paused for some moment. I was waiting for a reaction from his face.

"Wait, I think I have to go." He said. Huh, why didn't he respond to my nightmare? No reaction at all? Nice.

"No reaction with my nightmare?"

"As soon as Alex wakes up, let her eat the soup I made. It's on the kitchen."

"Hey! Wait, answer me. What's wrong with you?"

He took his purse and slammed the door. He was so quick like someone was chasing after him. I couldn’t run after him because I couldn't stand. My feet were still useless. He was the weirdest person I'd ever met. I meant, second to my sister. But if he would do that again, I wouldn’t hesitate to punch his face!

I wanted to sleep again but I was afraid the terrible nightmare will come again. I opened my bag and looked at the picture of my sister and I we took yesterday. I was smiling seeing my sister happy. She was a photogenic girl.

Then suddenly, my leg twitched! I tried to stand and it worked. I stood happily. Still, my legs were weak, but I can start walking slowly. I searched for the soup the man made in case Alex would wake up.

While walking to the little kitchen, I saw several picture frames. I took each of them and let them entertain me for a while. There was a family with two children, one boy and a girl. The little boy looks like the man. Same nose, same mouth and same eye colors. The next picture contained the picture of the same family but it had names. I read what was in the picture:

Daddy - Hector

Mommy - Janette

Baby Girl - Lily

Baby Boy - Trevor

Trevor? Really? It was the first time I heard that name. Maybe it's his name. He never told me his name. Bad boy.

I explored more in the hut. I heard someone giggled, so I tried to find where it came. I listened to it and followed its direction until I got inside a minute room.

The giggling stopped.

Many peculiar and childish drawings are pasted on the dirty wall. I felt uneasy after seeing them.

One drawing was about a family with two little kids. I think it was Trevor's. There were scribbles and marks on the picture therefore ruining it.

The next drawing was about a town. A burned monstrous town. The town was so gory. Then souls were flying all over it.

While looking closer to the flying souls, something screamed! Many voices were like in pain. 

I was covering my ears but the voices wouldn't stop.

"We will kill you!" The voices continued.

"Stop!" I fell down to my knees and the voices stopped. I wanted to know where they came from. Even thought my senses told me that the voice was from the painting, I didn't believe it. That was too impossible. Maybe someone's trying to scare me with a prank? That's stupid Kim.

When I was about to stand, I saw a small door right onto my face. Just the height of my knees, or taller.

An extension of the hut? And why the door's so small? I was curious so I kicked it. I kicked it for the second time and it opened. The giggling started again. I went inside walking like a dog.

Inside, was a narrow dark passage way. I tried to fit myself in it. I kept on moving; following the giggling. I can’t help but get drawn into where it was leading me. As I was following the voice, I made a mental map of the path I was making. 

I wonder where this leads to. It was a narrow path with dusty brick walls. Wait! Brick walls? I thought this hut was made of wood? I began to panic and hyperventilate a little.

While I was struggling to stay calm, the floor suddenly gave away. I shrieked and my arms were flailing all over trying to get hold of something. I was falling and falling like there was no solid ground.

Booooooooog!

That hurt too much. I thought my head was cut because of the great pain; I touched it, no blood.

"Help me!" I cried. It echoed through the walls and no one seemed to hear it. The giggling continued and tempted me again to follow it. The place was dark, I couldn't see anything. I was extending my arms, hoping to touch a wall. Then my toe bumped into something.

A very soft and mild music played. I kneeled and touched it. Then a little light came from it, some white light. There was a ballerina in a cute black costume turning around a platform. I realized it was a music box. I gazed at it and listened to it. The music was very relaxing, and addictive. All the pain inside my body was gone, as if it was healing me.

Then the giggling started and alerted me. "Wait, I have to get out of here, I don't know where this thing leads to." I panicked. 

I turned back and tried to touch the walls again. I wished I could find a way to go up.

"Kim! Where are you going?" said a little voice.

"Who are you?! Show yourself!"

"I'm here. Surrounding you." The voice echoed incessantly.

"Go away!"

It giggled again, slowly turning into a laughing demonic voice. The music from the music box became very loud and violent.

I screamed hoping for someone to rescue me from this madness. I never stopped screaming.. 

"Hey! Wake up!"

I opened my eyes and realized I was inside the room with the drawings, lying beside the small door.